“Unfriendly staff”
Review of Leoness Cellars

Leoness Cellars
Ranked #3 of 100 things to do in Temecula
Reviewed June 21, 2013

While the wine is fantastic, the staff was rude. They acted like it was a chore to do their job. This made it a very unpleasant experience. Our group of 4 will not be going back. There are so many other wineries to choose from, why choose one where the staff is anything BUT helpful and polite.

1  Thank mkmPhoenix
"spend an afternoon"
in 4 reviews
"nice tasting"

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I love to make a day trip to Temecula and visit Leonesse. The restaurants has amazing food and great service.
If you are a win club member, you will get a chance to go to the barrel room for wine tasting there.
Their white merlot is a must for anyone who loves rose. My dad loves the Syrah. One wine tasting of Syrah, my dad has me signed up for the wine club :)
TIPS, the restaurant opens Fri-Sunday only.

1  Thank PoySak
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Probably the nicest combination of wine, tasting room, restaurant and views in the Temecula Wine Country. A great selection of wines to chose from. Sorry we didn't have time to get back for dinner, but we will next time!

2  Thank The5MRanch
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The best reds we've had in the area. There's a covered patio just outside the tasting room, with a fair amount of seating, but it was all occupied at 2pm on an early summer Sunday. However, there's another covered tasting area a slight walk down - you can't hear the guitarist, but it's closer to the vines and maybe easier for conversation - as long as the parking shuttle isn't kicking up dust. And the restaurant - absolutely fabulous! Even though we got there at 2pm, it was an hour wait for a table, so we bought a bottle of the Meritage and sipped on the patio until the table was ready - a delightful wait. Then we took the bottle into the restaurant to finish through lunch. I hate to say it, but they do make the best french fries I've ever had - I doubt it matters what flavor you get - waiter recommended the bacon/cheese, but we had the truffle - it's all about the crispiness of the fresh potatoes - just pick one and you won't be sorry! The salads, pizzas, fish - impeccable. And they know it and price it that way. Staff is great, although maybe a little short handed? Our waiter was very busy, but the helper was around frequently. And though they were busy, they were perfectly happy to let us take our time. It was our aim to have a late lunch and skip dinner and it couldn't have been more perfect. Leonesse will be an afternoon stop every time we're in town.

3  Thank a-travelin-foodie
See more reviews
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I used the title "mixed feeling" because that's exactly what I have about Leonesse Cellars. My husband and I were members for quite a while and enjoyed their wines and their winery. We particularly like the members tasting area where we could get away from the crazy weekend crowds and relax with a nice glass of wine and a picnic lunch. We reluctantly gave up our membership when the parking lot got so full we could no longer park even in the overflow lot.. Success has it's downfalls. We recently had the opportunity to return to Leonesse for a wine tasting event being held in Tememcula. As I remembered, the wines were good and the servers were friendly, but sadly out of the 9 wineries we visited that day, it was the only place that did not provide a comfortable, shaded area for us.. Most people could not wait to get out of there and on to another winery.

2  Thank irishis4me