“Overall a 4...wines only a 3”
Review of Leoness Cellars

Leoness Cellars
Ranked #5 of 96 things to do in Temecula
Reviewed February 13, 2013

First and foremost, Leonesse Cellars is a BEAUTIFUL winery. This was one of the wineries I most wanted to visit and even was gifted a membership (obviously I would be financially responsible to continue said membership). My girlfriend and I finally visited the winery over the weekend and can only imagine how much more breathtaking it looks when the vineyards are in full bloom. Our server, Erin, was OUTSTANDING...she is very knowledgeable, friendly, attentive, etc. We were even given pours that were not on the list. The overall ambiance of the tasting room and the barrel room is great. As for their wines, however, I was disappointed given the hype. Don't get me wrong, their wines are good but are lacking that "wow factor" that would make them stand-out above the other wineries. Their cellar and vineyard select (CS/VS) wines were okay and some above average. We were able to try one of their signature select (SS) wines (the premium, best of, etc.) which was quite good but was lacking character and depth.

In short, a trip here boils down to what you're looking for. If you're looking for an overall experience to include a friendly staff, a beautiful location, and so on then I would DEFINITELY recommend this place. But, if you're solely looking at the wine itself, then there are other places (some even noticeably less expensive) I would recommend going.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was the first winery we every went to when we moved to California. The only thing we could remember about our experience was the rose wine that brought up feelings of sitting outside in the cool mountain air while a babbling brook ran over our feet. Ok, we might have had a bit too much to drink but regardless it made us always remember the White Merlot from Leonesse Vineyards. They don't have too many whites (they are mostly a reds winery) but this is the one I can sing many a praise of. Get it. Drink it. Love it. I will.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have been going to Leonesse Cellars for several years and are part of the all-red wine members club. Their red wines are exceptional and their dry whites are good as well. The hosts and hostesses are always informed and share wine-making information with us. They even offer us wines that aren't on the pour list! Their Sunday lunches are wonderful and it's so relaxing to sit outside enjoying a bottle of wine and taking in the beautiful scenery. If you like reds, this is the place to go! Also try Monte de Oro - they have the same winemaker as Leonesse.

1  Thank icyvelvet
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Love, love this winery. Its our favorite winery in Temecula. Fantastic views, wine and food. On Sunday's the winery has a live band which is great. Everytime we visit Leoness we are NEVER disappointed.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We toured Leoness as part of a tour. Grace met us out back with a bottle of wine to start our tasting. We went into the barrel room where more wine awaited us, and she graciously took pictures for us. We walked through the vineyards and to the tasting room where we sampled delicious wines with a no pressure attitude. The grounds were beautiful and we had plenty of time to walk around and enjoy the views. Try the white merlot..delightful .Thanks Grace for a great time!