“Wish I could give 4 1/2 stars, instead of only 4”
Review of SunRise Balloons

SunRise Balloons
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1975, Sunrise Balloons has established recognized standards of safety, service, style and attention to detail. Dan Glick, pilot, is both a commercial balloon & helicopter pilot with over 7,000 hours of flight time! Your outing is planned to offer you a most enjoyable, unhurried balloon flight experience at a competitive price. Your balloon flight includes numerous professional photos, video clip & champagne picnic aloft. Enjoy the view, make new friends and expect the best!
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Sunrise Balloons
Monte de Oro Winery
35820 Rancho California Road
Temecula, California 92591

This was a groupon purchase and I’m happy to say that we had no problems as others have experienced. We did have a cancellation for our first booking because of expected high winds but re-booking was no problem. Phone calls were always promptly returned and the folks I talked to were always helpful and friendly. A confirmation call is given the day before the trip as well.

Our group of 6 had a wonderful time (there were 10 guests in all in the basket plus 2 pilots, one in training). Marcus was our photographer, Phil was the ‘lead’ pilot. I have to say the ‘trainee’ did a wonderful job...he had many years of other flight experience and it was obvious. The weather was beautiful, the views were fantastic. It was a treat seeing the coastal fog roll in between the mountains, floating down to cover the valley floor.

Why only 4 stars (I wish I could give 4 1/2 stars!!!)? I would suggest having a bit more variety in the foods offered, especially after the ride when returning to the winery. Having cheese and crackers available instead of only sweets (2 types of cake) would be a welcome addition to the offering. Some folks can't eat sweets/wheat products. Better variety would make it top-notch!

Thank you, Marcus and Phil (can’t remember the name of the ‘co-pilot. It was a great time, a fun trip, something I've wanted to do for years and it didn't disappoint.

1  Thank babushka2three

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Never been was given tickets! Wine tasting, shops and balloon rides! Oh my! Great time come early because it's in June and was hot!

1  Thank Tina B
Reviewed July 31, 2012

First time doing this. Good day, good experience, nice people. I think I will chose a different time of day next time.......

2  Thank kat v
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Buyers beware. This company does not have a good reputation for keeping their reservations. My friends and I purchased a groupon for a balloon ride 10 months ago. Our first reservation was cancelled due to bad weather. So it was out of their control. On the second reservation they have overbooked the date and because we are a large group using groupon they have chosen our group to be the ones that are not flying. On top of that their reservations department tried to forge an email by deleting my confirmation reply out of the email thread. Their response was for me to contact Groupon and get my money back. So now after 10 months of holding onto my money I now have to go thru the process of trying to request a refund. Buyers beware.

11  Thank Heather F
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Very well organized, friendly host and tasty morning treats upon arrival to the location. Interesting for first timers to see the setup, inflation and close up flames from the burners. Lots of photo opportunities. Flight itself went by too fast, about one hour in the air, so be sure to treasure every moment. Our pilot was very knowledgeable on the surrounding area but talked nonstop which took away from the serenity of the experience. This is not a private flight, you will be in a large basket with 6-10 other people. Overall a fantastic experience and will keep it on my gift list for others to enjoy.

3  Thank aslHelen

Been to SunRise Balloons? Share your experiences!