“Good Japanese Food at a Great Price”
Review of Sushi Boat

Sushi Boat
Ranked #77 of 418 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Sushi
Temecula, California
“Good Japanese Food at a Great Price”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

If you are seeking a nice Japanese restaurant to cap off your shopping spree at the Promenade Mall or perhaps dinner before that movie might I suggest Sushi Boat in Temecula. The restaurant is located right across from the theaters and just outside the rear escalators at backside of the mall.

Whether I am taking my staff out for lunch or want a nice Japanese sushi dinner with my wife without the wait you usually have to endure at the other nearby restaurants I head for Sushi Boat. The staff there are very attentive to patrons and I rarely have to wait for a table for two. The sushi is top notch and there are a number of other Japanese dishes for those who don't care for raw fish. Lunch at Sushi Boat is a real bargain. My favorite is a combo lunch with three items for about $11. More than enough to fill me up. Dinner are a few dollars more. The sushi rolls are excellent and lunches and dinners come with ice cream for dessert. Dinner for two with beverages are under $40 without a tip. Sweet!

While there are a number of other Japanese sushi restaurants in the Temecula area I will tell you as a "native" that you can't go wrong here. Dozo.

• Visited September 2012

Anaheim, California
“Stopped in for sushi for me, and something other than sushi for my wife, glad we did!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We went in on this past Sunday afternoon, the mall was pretty busy but we got a great seat and were served right away. Everyone is very friendly in there, and the sushi was outstanding! My wife ordered some broiled noodles and fell in love with them! I also ordered a Temecula roll which my wife also liked (she doesn't normally eat any rolls or sushi). Not sure how it is on any other night, but it was great on this Sunday afternoon... Well definitely be back!

1 Thank X_Navy_Chief
Temecula
“Great Sushi for a great price”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Excellent sushi for a very reasonable price. Good service and very friendly staff. Decor is dated but we went for the food not ambiance. Quick service and very popular with locals.

• Visited September 2011
Los Angeles
“OKAY”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I stayed in Temecula for a few days for business and ate here and at Hana. I like both but Hana's rolls were better. As for the Udon, i think Sushi Boat was more authentic and flavorful. I would eat at both places again.

1 Thank SnootyFoody
Alta Loma, California
“Good Japanese meal for the price”
Reviewed May 23, 2009

Going by its address alone, Sushi Boat was not that easy to find. But it's inside the Promenade Mall, next-door to Red Robin and across from the Edwards/Regal Cinema.

It's after 8 p.m. on Friday night, the place was pretty happening. We waited a couple of minutes and were seated at a small table. Actually, the table was too small for us.

Overall the food was average, but the prices were reasonable. Both salmon and mackerel nigiri sushi were $2.95; $3.95 for eel; mixed tempura was $5.95; chicken teriyaki dinner combo, $6.95; zaru soba for $7.75 (a bit overpriced for just noodle); complimentary hot tea. The salmon pieces were particularly generous although the rice was not firmly pressed and grain size seemed too long for Japanese rice.

The sushi chef treated us to a special white tuna nigiri baked with black pepper and finished with a vinaigrette. That was pretty good: warm, barely cooked on the outside, soft and raw in the inside; the seasoning definitely came through but balanced.

The person tended our table might have been the manager; he was the only one who donned a blue shirt and tie. Service was good and detailed.

It was Game 2 of NBA Eastern Conference Finals: Turkoglu scored a two and put Orlando ahead with 1 second left in the 4th qtr. Then LeBron nailed a three-pointer in less than a blink. Cleveland won. The crowd in Sushi Boat erupted. Great atmosphere.