“Certainly not up to the hype”

The Vineyard Rose at South Coast Winery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vineyard Rose at South Coast Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 426 Restaurants in Temecula
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anza
Description: Housed in an elegant, Tuscan-inspired dining room with a relaxing wine bar and terrace, The Vineyard Rose Restaurant at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa serves contemporary California cuisine sourced from the season's freshest, locally-grown ingredients. Sheltered by open beams in the dining room or surrounded by vineyard views from the terrace, your table will be set with the finest flavors. each of our meals perfectly complement the award winning wines produced by Master Winemaker Jon McPherson. Open 7 days/week. Located at 34843 Rancho California Road, Temecula, CA.
Reviewed February 2, 2010

4 of us ate here last week. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff was attentive, but the food was only bearly passable and very overpriced. The special soup was roasted tomato, which two of us ordered. When it came it had the consistency of spaghetti sauce and was uneatible.
The salad one of us ordered was very mediocre. The dressing had no taste, and given that it was a bleu cheese dressing, it was most bland.
The halibut entree, which I had, was good; but the other 3 in the party all of whom ordered beef were all disappointed. All the meat was a la carte and believe me there was nothing on the plate but a piece of meat. All sides were in the $5 range, which is steep considering you've paid around $30 for the beef. I am sure you can find actual fine dining in Temecula. If you're staying at the hotel you'd do well to do your dining elsewhere. The bill for 4 of us, with just one glass on wine each, was $256 without a tip, so as you can see this is very pricey.

Reviewed November 9, 2009

We celebrated our friends 60th with an excellent dinner for a party of 12 at Vineyard Rose. The service was terrific and the food was excellent. The Rose is a beautiful setting in Temecula and provide the perfect backdrop for our celebration. The local wines were a wonderful addition to the fine meal and service. All of the members of the party raved about the quality of the food and the beauty of the setting.

Reviewed November 8, 2009

The food and selections were fabulous. Be it breakfast, lunch or dinner, Vineyard Rose delivers a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed October 19, 2009

So Coast wins a lot of "great wine' awards but, something has fallen thru the cracks at the winery! ! I can't help but notice those waiting on you come across as 'not caring!'. I recently took my friend to the winery for her birthday and it was 10 minutes before anyone showed up to take our order, then she wasn't at all friendly. They never push any wines which is very odd. and I think for a salad the price is well...way over priced. They need someone to 'greet' you at the door and ask questions> Are you eating, drinking, shopping or what., and then help you. I just wondered around the place looking for a friendly person and finally, said "Look, this is my first time here and I'm here for blah blah blah....Management doesn't seem to be aware of what is going on....very strange! and very costly mistake.

Reviewed September 30, 2009

Being a resort restaurant I was not sure if we should stay and have lunch but I was very pleased that we did. Food was good, service was great and it was relaxing. Our room at South Coast Resort was not ready so the staff told us we could use our laptops and just hang out until we got our room.