“Good food, good sight, a little bit pricy”

The Vineyard Rose at South Coast Winery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vineyard Rose at South Coast Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 423 Restaurants in Temecula
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anza
Description: Housed in an elegant, Tuscan-inspired dining room with a relaxing wine bar and terrace, The Vineyard Rose Restaurant at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa serves contemporary California cuisine sourced from the season's freshest, locally-grown ingredients. Sheltered by open beams in the dining room or surrounded by vineyard views from the terrace, your table will be set with the finest flavors. each of our meals perfectly complement the award winning wines produced by Master Winemaker Jon McPherson. Open 7 days/week. Located at 34843 Rancho California Road, Temecula, CA.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

this is a good place to visit, but I do think it is kind of pricy. The place is nice and so, but maybe you could find something better or equal for a better price.
Good experience, though.

There are newer reviews for The Vineyard Rose at South Coast Winery

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Wife and I arrived late to Temecula due to a delay at the airport. Finally arrived after 8pm, 11pm east coast time (Time zone we departed from). The restaurant staff was very accommodating, allowing us to move our reservations out an hour. When we arrived, we were escorted to their outside veranda. The setting was spectacular! It felt as though we were in a tuscan villa, overlooking a beautiful courtyard. I had the Frutti di Mare, while me wife ordered the cedar plank salmon. We split the Vineyard Salad and began the meal with one of the South Coast Winery's own Brut champagne. The champagne was perfectly chilled and was what you'd expect from a french winery. The Vineyard Salad was absolutely one of the freshest salads we have ever tasted. Many of the ingredients were grown on-site and it certainly tasted so. My Frutti Di Mare was incredible. It had three (or 4) of the largest, freshest scallops I have ever seen or tasted. Perfectly cooked throughout. The lobster, mussels, whitefish and clams were just as fresh and cooked perfectly. The tomato-leak sauce was delicious and perfectly seasoned. The serving was large enough for left-overs but I couldn't resist eating all of the seafood and leaving behind some of the pasta. Wife's cedar plank salmon was just as well cooked, seasoned and presented. She actually preferred her dish over mine, but this is my review and I'm writing my thoughts! Service was very good but the restaurant wasn't very busy at the time we spent there. Finished with a delicious creme brulee. I couldn't eat another bite though for what was equivalent to midnight, our time. We'll be visiting Vineyard Rose again in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We've eaten at Vineyard Rose several times and always had a great experience. The wait staff is excellent and the food always fresh, interestingly presented and tasty.

We recently had breakfast and my husband is still raving about the Bananas Foster Pancake. This is a friendly and relaxing way to start your day and you couldn't make a better choice. Their menu is varied - I know you'll find something to enjoy.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

'Maybe it's the new chef or the change in menu, but I'm sad to say this, South Coast Winery has seriously been downgraded. For lunch, stay away from the grilled chicken linguini. It's thick and heavy and you'll need a ride to the hospital to clear your arteries. The spicy pulled pork sandwich is another thumbs down. The old lunch menu used to have healthy sandwiches with combo salads. What happened? Across the street at Ponce winery, the lunch menu there is so inviting and delicious.
As for dinner, the chicken with chimichuri sauce was digusting! And the waxed green beans that came with it had the weirdest taste. Also the pork chops were tasty with the sauce reduction but the potatoes and `fennel was not a good combo with it.
I think South Coast needs to find another chef before the locals find another restaurant with better reviews.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The bistro steak was tender and delicious. The service was warm and welcoming. Many locals said it was their favorite restaurant.