“Great diner in Temecula - breakfast for a good value!”
Review of Swing Inn Cafe

Swing Inn Cafe
Ranked #13 of 418 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Durham, North Carolina
“Great diner in Temecula - breakfast for a good value!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We visited Temecula on vacation recently and found this place via Yelp, as usual. I will say that we had a really nice breakfast here and would go back.

The ambiance is typical diner-esque. Nothing fancy and were met with very nice people, willing to please. Service was very attentive, and the pricing is a bit on the average-to-high side, but I think they can take advantage of their location. Not their "fault", in my opinion. In this I would still say that the value proposition is still quite good.

Our breakfast was served quickly and was very good. I had a nice omelet, and my wife had pancakes and both meals were decently sized and tasty.

When we left, we saw the pie case and were impressed. They had a great selection of pies and I couldn't resist buying one for later on that night - and boy, was it awesome!

• Visited September 2012

Murrieta, CA
“Perfect breakfast spot!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This restaurant has been here for as long as I can remember. My husband and I live about 15 minutes away and we just love to come here for breakfast. We love their biscuits and gravy with sausage. Their pancakes are amazing. So simple and delicious! I don't know how they get them so perfect. The staff is so nice and friendly. A lot of the waitresses have been there for many years. It must be a great place to work. I've never been here for lunch or dinner, so I can't say what their food is like later in the day, but they serve breakfast all day long. They have a nice view of the main street in Old Town Temecula, so the people watching is great.

• Visited November 2012
California
“Not a find”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Food was just ok, but the female owner was rediculing the staff in front of the guests. Not the kind of place you want to go on a nice weekend day.

• Visited July 2012
California
“Not Worth the Price”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stopped in and had very simple breakfasts last weekend and found the food pretty awful. The homemade gravy was pretty tasteless mush and even my simple egg/bacon/toast order offered nothing to praise. The only redemption was a a very tasty 1/2 coffee 1/2 coco. We won't be going back. We should have stopped at the Farmer's Market and had crepes made to order (every Saturday, apparently).

Visited September 2012
Murrieta, California
“Our favorite breakfast place”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

In Old Town Temecula. We have been coming here for years. They have best hash browns around. They are toasty on the outside and moist on the inside, like hash browns should be. Their biscuits and gravy are also a local favorite. They have a daily specials board, but none of them include their delicious hash browns. You have to order them on the side, and at about $3.50 for the side, you may as well order a regular breakfast off the menu. My husband is a fan of their pancakes. I would rate them 5 star if they included their HBrowns with their value meals.

Their portions are generous, the employees friendly, and it's a down-home place. Sit in the back room if you can, overlooking the "cemetery" with funny epitaphs on the tombstones. It's crowded on weekends. You'll see a lot of bikers and classic car enthusiasts here. We usually go during the week, and breakfast is served all day long. Dinners are like home made also, and their soups and pies are very good too. Limited parking in front, but there is more in back and on the side streets.

• Visited September 2012