“Fresh Fish”

Dining options: Reservations
Temecula, California
“Fresh Fish”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We dine here & the Fish house Vera Cruz in San Marcos regularly. The menu is a bit on the pricier side, but as a flight attendant- I dine @ great Fish restaurants around the world ... This is what great seafood would cost!! ALWAYS the freshest of fish & the servers are so very pleasant & attentive.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bev B

Denver, Colorado
“Very good selection of fresh fish ”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent fresh grilled fish dinner here. The side salad was fresh and beautifully presented. The fish was Grilled over mesquite wood expertly. I had the wahoo and my wife had white bass, both were great, the restaurant is a bit older but the fish is top notch.

Ormond
“Don't Even Bother...Horrible Food & Overpriced”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Went last night with husband. Ordered the "jumbo" shrimp cocktail.... Their idea of jumbo leaves a lot to be desired. They were medium at best and overcooked. I ordered the fish house pasta with shrimp. Pasta was mushy and the shrimp were overcooked. My husband ordered the halibut and shrimp kabob. He said the halibut was really good. And his shrimp was good also. He ordered the twice baked mashed potatoes and cole slaw as sides. The cole slaw was bland. The potato side was so disgusting looking and tasting. It was burnt on the bottom and had an artificial flavor and look to it.

The hostess was weird and rude. Our waitress was very friendly and gave top notch service.

All in all I would tell you to find somewhere else to go for seafood. I've had fresher and better from Red Lobster

Visited January 2014
San Diego
“Very good seafood at reasonable prices”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just went on Dec 28th - had the blue nose sea bass with rice and veggie. Husband had the regular sea bass with cheese potatoe and veggie. He also had the fish chowder. We had wine and bloody marys. All were good. Service was prompt and friendly. I'd recommend for a relaxing meal (we were there around 7pm and I think the early crowd was gone).

• Visited December 2013
Temecula, California
“Not up to par”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have been a Fish House Vera Cruz customer for many years. When my boys were young we would travel from Temecula to San Marcos for a great fish meal. When they opened a store in Temecula we were delighted. In the beginning the Temecula store was every bit as good as the San Marcos store. But over the years that has changed. In the last 24 months my lady and I have visited the Carlsbad store (about 40 miles away) 3 of 4 times. Every visit has been a GREAT experience. GREAT food and GREAT service. In that same time we have been to the Temecula store the same number of times. Each visit has been a BIG DISAPPONTMENT. We did again last night. We debated before we went if we didn't want to make the 40 mile trip Carlsbad. We decided to give Temecula another try. BIG MISTAKE!! The service was bad. The waitress had promised bread twice we finally had to ask the Manager for it. We ordered and the waitress was little help when asked what she would recommend. The manager was helpful as we didn't see our waitress for long stretches at a time. When we got our meals were wrong and the food was OVER COOKED. The manager didn't charge us for her Halibut (DRY) but that did little to make our visit better. The staff at the Temecula store should visit the Carlsbad store. They could learn a lot.

• Visited December 2013