“Poor in almost every sense of word”
Review of Fish House Vera Cruz - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Temecula, California
“Poor in almost every sense of word”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The sourdough bread was excellent. The service was attentive and cheerful. However, these could not make up for the short comings of everything else. For the price one would expect nice ambiance, the place not to reek, carpet that isn't threadbare and furniture that isn't dated. Also the view of Ynez and the car lots is sad. The selection of sides is pathetic. The food wasn't prepared well. Overall it is way over priced for what you get. I would expect to pay those prices at a fine seafood restaurant in downtown San Diego or Seattle. This was our second trip to Fish House Vera Cruz. We went to the one in San Marcos previously. Same, same and we won't ever go back. Red Lobster has a better atmosphere, better prepared food and at a lower price.

• Visited February 2013

Fort Worth, Texas
“Fresh Fish at it's best!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I will keep this short and sweet. Been going to Fish House Vera Cruz since it opened. I have NEVER had a bad meal, and satisfied. Great selection of fresh fish, wonderful Sourdough Rolls, and the Clam Chowder is simply delicious! I call or stop by when it's Ceviche time at my house. You can't find Halibut any fresher than there.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ImGeorge
Riverside, California
“Good, Tasty and Fresh”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Four of so times a year my wife and I drive down to Temecula to savor the fresh fish offerings at Fish House Vera Cruz. Never once, over a six or seven year period, have we every been disappointed. The also have a small "fresh" fish market and meany times during the local lobster season they will have some available. Call first to find out. They are already cooked so you just heat them up.

Visited December 2012
Temecula, California, United States
“Best Fish place in Temecula Valley”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Love the design of the restaurant and the quality of service. I think every time I go, I try a different fish selection.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Sam B
temecula
“Great service food pretty good”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went to fish house with my mom and two boys. I had been craving the vera cruz shrimp cocktail. I was surprised to see that it now is served with bay shrimp. I had gotten it previously and was delicious served with the prawns. Disappointing change. Also noticed there were hardly any fish in the tank next to us as I was hoping to keep my 4 year old occupied while we ate an early Sunday dinner.

Kathy our server was great and attentive refilling drinks before dry and kept us feeling well taken care of.

Appreciate the children's grilled cheese and quesedilla additions also.

Overall decent experience but still disapointed in the shrimp!