“Best Italian restaurant in the Inland...”
Review of Gourmet Italia

Gourmet Italia
Ranked #4 of 419 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Best Italian restaurant in the Inland...”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Best Italian restaurant in the Inland Empire. Fantastic food, reasonable prices, great atmosphere and amazing service. A "must eat" for anyone who loves great food! Highly recommend!

CA
“Pasta Vongole with sand.”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Oredered pasta vongole, there was grains of sand on the clams. Our waitress was very rude. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

2 Thank dedetan
Portland, Maine
“If you like AUTHENTIC Italian, cooked by a real Sicilian chef ... EAT HERE!”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

This is a GREAT restaurant !!! I have only one minor complaint that you can read at the end. The IMPORTANT stuff is: wonderfully tasteful food at reasonable prices! Bread with tapinade awaits you, with olive oil for dipping available on request. We then shared a cured beef, arugula and capers appetizer that was covered with thin cheese slices and delicious olive oil (also available as a carpaccio), followed by the poached pear, walnut, blue cheese salad .... both were fantastic. There are so many primi pasta dishes and secundi dishes to choose from, but we chose the homemade pumpkin ravioli in red cream sauce and it was flavorful, rich and totally pleasing. For desert we had the toscanella - rich and smooth, with a snifter of orange liquer. The whole thing was perfect.... a wonderful meal. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place.

So what's the only issue?? We wanted a house wine by the glass so our waitress (and a good one she was) let us sample a few house wines to decide which to have. We choose a Salmon Creek Pinot Noir that was not listed on the menu. We're quite familiar with this label because we drink the Chard and Cab quite often as it's a great value at only $5 to $7 a bottle in supermarkets or even wine stores. The Pinot is a little higher ($8 or $9 a bottle tops), but is still a very entry level wine. When the bill arrived, we were charged $9 a glass for the wine and the "pour" wasn't very generous at all, perhaps even a little short. I don't mind paying for good wine, but $27 for three glasses of Salmon Creek is a bit overboard !! There are far better wines by the bottle on the menu, for just a little more, and I should have ordered one of those. We recommend you do the same..... order wine by the bottle or bring your own for a $15 corkage fee.

Some of the reviewers thought the owner was a bit over the top, especially if you have never been to Europe or Italy and don't understand how enthusiastic Italians can be about their food! We found him delightful, informative and eager to talk about his home country and the beauty of Sicily. This sort of interaction is common in Italy, and this "at home" flavor is a great change of pace from the too often stuffy and indifferent experiences of many other restaurants nowadays.

So to summarize, definitely EAT here, order anything because it all looks good, get your wine by the bottle and don't miss talking with the owner!!

1 Thank Wevebeenthere2
temecula, CA
“Great food, rude and stuffy service”
Reviewed July 9, 2009

I have visted both of the Gourmet Italias. The food was exceptional. Unfortunately every time I have come I contact with the owner he is very rude and abrupt. I have gone back to other restaurants where service was poor and still returned. But going to a restaurant where the staff acts as if they are above you will not see anymore of my business.

3 Thank calily27
sacramento
“So good we went back the next night.”
Reviewed June 19, 2009

The service, ambiance, food and value are exceptional. We were treated to a pre-wedding dinner here (a group of 17) and were so impressed my husband and I had to go back a second night. We weren't disappointed! Our server was very personable and knowledgeable about the menu. The mood was just right with live music, candlelight, and intimate tables set throughout. The owner and servers alike greeted customers by name. We had antipasti, soup, salad, pasta, and dessert-everything was delicious. I lived in Italy for a year and I really enjoyed 'traveling' back for the evening. Bravissimo!

Been to Gourmet Italia? Share your experiences!