“Perfecto!”
Review of Gourmet Italia

Gourmet Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
Gourmet Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 428 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had bruschetta, lasagna, filet mignon, cannoli and spumoni cake. Everything was PERFECT; including the service. One of the top restaurants we've ever been to....hands down.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We found Gourmet Italia here on TripAdvisor & decided to give it a try. "Hidden" away in a local shopping center the signage is lacking and you will need to look for the front door, but the hunt is well worth it! We made reservations for a group of four on a Saturday night about two weeks ahead of time. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation time and were seated right on time. The house was full, couples, families, young people dressed for the Prom, and groups of friends were seated everywhere. The decor is country Italian, very comfortable although a bit over decorated in my eye.

But that isn't what really counts: the food and the service are what give this place it's excellent ratings.

Our server was very personable, answered a myriad of questions about the plates and complimenting sides as well as the wines. We tried four items: Fish, steak, pasta and chicken. All were excellent. Nothing was over cooked, everything came out hot, the fish was extremely fresh, the sauces were "clean" and flavorful, not a jumble of unidentifiable flavors and textures. The meats were flavorful and tender.

The cost including salad, entree, sides, wine, desert and tip was about $60 a plate, which for the quality of the food, beverages and service I consider to be extremely reasonable.

We now bring guests here when we want to impress them with the areas cuisine and charm.

2  Thank cwright408
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Celebrated our 48th anniversary...food was excellent am I am Italian. I had Veal Limone and my husband had spaghetti with meat sauce...the cannoli for our anniversary was the best ever.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Came here after reading all the review and wanted to see what the hype was all about. Well, we came and experienced a great place. As many said, this is located in a strip mall but once you go inside, you find it's like one of the old school Italian places that you find in NYC. We were greeted by Alex the owner who was really working the place. He greeted every customer and would seat them. The only issue that I really had was that I tried to make a reservation and they wouldn't let me b/c they will only make reservations for parties 4 or more. I'm not sure I'd I really believed this but whatever. When we got there, we had to wait for a table b/c the empty ones were reserved. Here's why it's not good to be a tourist, Alex definitely knows his customers and will seat them first. I'm not sure if they all had reservations but I'm doubting it b/c there were parties of 2.

Once we got inside, the restaurant is quaint and a lot of the staff will speak Italian and respond in it. I'm sure it's because there are really tried to sell this ambiance. The restaurant is dark and very loud on the weekends! Almost to loud but it was packed.

The food was fantastic. It's rare now a days to find a restaurant that can cook everything perfectly.
Our table ordered. The watermelon beet salad which was good but to small for $16 the clam appetizer, the sea bass and the seafood pasta. Everything was great and the seafood wasn't over cooked, which most restaurants will. The staff is constantly going around and emptying the bowls with empty shells.

We dot have desert but it looked good.

Overall I would highly recommend this place

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been here 4 times now. This time we brought mom, dad, and my wife's brother. Alex, the owner, is charming personable. The food is fantastic and the atmosphere is intimate and makes me feel like home. We love it!

Try the Black Spaghetti! It's made with squid ink!!! Love it!!!!

Been to Gourmet Italia? Share your experiences!