“Bad Bad Bad”

Texas Lil's Mesquite Grill
Ranked #77 of 413 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: American, Bar, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our relaxed atmosphere has made locals and visitors alike feel at home here, and we're always happy to see familiar faces coming back again for our delicious fare and cold drinks. Our patio is dog friendly, and we even offer a menu for your four legged friend. Enjoy any game on one of our many TVs. Our menu is quite extensive, covering everything from Tex-Mex to BBQ, to burgers and fresh seafood. We offer brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, and lunch and dinner daily. We are known for our chili and ribs, but make sure you try our burgers, tri-tip, and Tex-Mex dishes as well. You will not be disappointed! For vegetarians, we offer plenty of options, like our Portabella Burger and a large selection of salads. In addition to dining in our restaurant, we also offer takeout, delivery and catering. Online ordering is available on our website.
Escondido, California
“Bad Bad Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I don't know how this place is even in business. Possibly the worst food I have ever had at a restaurant, at least for the price I paid. I love beef brisket sandwiches but the one here tasted like Oscar Meyer roast beef lunch meat covered in cheap BBQ sauce. My wife had a hamburger that seemed a centimeter thick. It looked and tasted like those cheap frozen patties you have to break apart before tossing them on the grill. We also had the pepper jack cheese sticks for an appetizer which was adequate at best. Considering this cost us nearly 40 dollars is ridiculous. It's like this restaurant is striving to cut costs and put the cheapest thing possible on your plate at the highest price possible. Don't get me wrong, it's not a particularly expensive restaurant but wow is the food low quality.

Visited October 2013

Seattle, Washington
“My husbands traditional stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

For some reason my husband loves the tradition of eating here...so we do eveytime we are in the area visiting family. It's dark allover not just in the bar area inside and a bit shabby. The waitresses wear skimpy cow girl outfits...and no this is not why my husband likes to go here. Service was pleasant and fairly quick. The food is good but not great. I imagine we will be back....

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TravelToSeattle
Pittsburgh
“Good meal for our large family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We found this restaurant when we were walking around Old Town. It had a large selection of food. It seems like it might be more of a local restaurant based on the outside. They have a bar area when you walk in then 2 rather large dinning areas that are separate. They have a dinner menu, however, we were also allowed to order sandwiches off the lunch menu. The food was good and priced reasonably (for CA). The portions were large even for the kids meals. They do have a kids menu. Also one kid eats free with one adult meal. I had a steak sandwich and fries. My hubby had chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. Our 2 girls ate for free. Free drink refills are included. Our waitress was also efficient. The only down side might be that there really is no atmosphere (if that bothers you).

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank shadow1Pittsburgh
Anaheim, California
“Unanticipated delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

A friend of ours recommended dining here and we were a little nervous based on the reviews before hand. Regardless, we agreed to meet them there. As mentioned in other reviews, the bar portion seems to be a local biker hangout which can be a little intimidating upon your arrival, but no one bothers anyone and the establishment was relatively quiet.

The establishment is really quite large with a full bar area and 2 dining areas in addition to a nice patio area. The service was very good and our waitress was really attentive. My wife ordered the full rack of ribs while I had the tri tip. Overall, the ribs were really tender and tasty, and the tri tip was to die for. The au jus was phenomenal. I would also recommend the deep fried corn on the
cob. It's a little spicy, but very good. Do not order the sweet potato chips, there are not very good (really bland). The regular sweet potato comes with cinnamon butter which was also very good.

I would definitely dine here again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Stan H
Oceanside, California
“Biker friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I think Texas Lil's is a great way to end your day of wine tasting or having fun in Old Town. The bar area usually has bikers in it so you know it must be a good time! Yes, the Western outfits are kinda cheesy but some of us don't mind cheesy. The service is always friendly and the food always good. I have liked all of the items I have tried on the menu and the fries are delicious. The pulled pork is probably my favorite entree, the BBQ sauce is yummy. Most recently I tried rocky mountain oysters for the first time ever and must admit that they were not bad at all. If you want a casual place for good food and drinks this is a good stop.

• Visited April 2013