“poorly managed”

Wine Country Trails by Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided horseback trail rides through the beutiful Temecula Valley Vineyards.
Escondido, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“poorly managed”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Made reservations 6 weeks in advance, they forgot us
No phone response. No email response

13 Thank horsetrails
happyhorseman, Owner at Wine Country Trails by Horseback, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
I would like to address poorly managed. Wine Country Trails by Horseback was contacted requesting a donation for a fund raiser to save their trails. I donated a gift certificate for two riders. The club also requested 2 free nights from another business which is a rental cottage, I do not own nor can I make decisions for the cottage. The owners of the cottage declined the donation, so the club purchased 2 nights to pair with my horseback riding tour. Which was going to be their grand prize, which I heard was a huge sucess.

The spokesperson for the club then requested a 1 night stay with the cottage, again I have absolutely nothing to do with their business, Wine Country Trails by Horseback assists the owners which are elderly. It was an unfortunate mistake on the cottage owners part but due to not obtaining a confirmation from the club owner took another reservation. I only delivered the information to the club owner that the cottage was not available, they were very upset. Immediately I noticed a review vented towards W.C.T.by H.

Again, I would like to apologize to the club spokesperson, but I do not have the authority to make any decisions for the cottage. I was approached by the club to make a donation for horseback riding only which I gladly gave. Wine Country Trails by Horseback is not poorly managed, in fact we go above and beyond with Customer Service regarding my company, I feel that it no fair to write a bad review about a company that just donated their services for your fund raiser.

I understand your frustrations, but W.C.T. by H. was only trying to help an elderly couple with their rental. Please vent your fustrations in the right direction. Thank you.

Davis, CA
“Incredible Experience”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

So recently my boyfriend surprised me with a beautiful horseback ride in the Temecula Wine Country. It was so beautiful and wonderful, I couldn't have asked for a better surprise. It was our one year anniversary so he set it up with the owner, Diana to set up roses and chocolate dipped strawberries up in the vineyards which we rode through at sunset! The horses were amazing and gentle and so well kept! Wine Country Trails by Horseback was an amazing experience and I would recommend it to everyone visiting the Temecula Wine Country, because it was truly the best way to see all the vineyards!!

well2009traveled
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Unethical business practice!”
Reviewed June 15, 2009

This unprofessional woman by the name of Dianna runs a shady business practice. the past few weeks have been unpleasant and I regret calling her. She may seem very nice on the phone but beware, she is nothing but unprofessional.

I had called to get more information about the tour and after learning general info and the $165 charge a couple, she asked if I wanted to make a reservation, I said sure and she asked for my Credit card info, I gave it to her and she said she would email me a confirmation, once I receive that later in the afternoon, confirm it and send it back. Well two days pass and I didn't get any confirmation. I check my bank statements and saw that she charged my credit card that Monday (when I spoke to her) but I never got to confirm and authorize the charge. On top of that, she overcharged me and I thought there was a mistake so I called her and left a voicemail and then emailed her to refund me the overcharge and asked for the confirmation. I never heard from her until a few days later in the week and she did not mention the charge or overcharge and acted like there was nothing wrong. She just send me the confirmation and asked that I confirm the date and time.

By then, I knew this company was ran unprofessionally and asked for a full refund. She reacted different and negatively and said that I am the first person to ask for a refund for no reason. She started to explain a load of crap about how she runs her business blah blah blah and I said, I basically want a refund. She gave me a hard time and cut me off and hung up. I emailed her explaining why I wanted a refund and she never got back to me. Days pass again and she said I cannot give you a refund b/c of the economy, business has been slow and wanted to offer me a credit for a future tour. After that business, I would not want to go on a tour with a lady who seems to be unethical and rude. She hung up on me again after I said i didn't want a store credit for a future tour. She said to email that info to her to have it on paper and she will review it and refund me.

After about 2 weeks now, I still havn't heard from her and she never contacted me like she said she would and now I have to resort to my credit card dispute. This is fraud and I do not reccommend touring with this company because it seems like this is a familiar thing that she does, constant charge and never refunding.

She was even rude enough to snap at me after I asked for a refund. She said "you think you'll get a tour for free?" and said "let this be a lesson for you not to give out your credit card number so easily and asked me if I knew what the word reservation means?" I was utterly shocked to hear that a business would treat any client in that manner. She even tried to explain that she was busy therefore cannot "Run" to the computer to send me a confirmation. Obviosly these were signs of someone who cannot run a professional and ethical business practice and should not even be explaining irrelevant reasonning of why she cannot give us back our money for a service that was never rendered or authorized! May I also add that she asked me if I was going to another horse tour and what I did for a living. Again, things that were not her business to ask! All I wanted was a simple refund of something that I did not authorize to charge and out of that I have to deal with a load full of hang ups and headaches!

22 Thank well2009traveled
happyhorseman, Owner at Wine Country Trails by Horseback, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
Wine Country Trails by Horseback would like to thank our guests for coming out and enjoying our horseback riding experiences. We send out a confirmation with our refund, cancellation policy posted to each guest. I have taken over this company as a sole owner, I understand that there were some billing issues in the past, but I would like to reassure our guests that are reading about our reviews currently that we do not charge a guest until after they have come out and enjoyed our tour.

I welcome our guests to come out an enjoy riding through the vineyards, and I also encourage you to keep writing reviews, I just only ask to write the review about the right company.

Thank you!
Owner
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Irresponsible Billing Practices”
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Arranged for a horseback ride in December 2008. Merchant called on the day of the ride to say that the poor weather conditions made the horseback ride impossible. She asked if I wanted to reschedule or if I wanted a refund. I specified that I wanted a refund since I was from out of town and would not be able to return for another visit. After a week, I still had not received my refund. I called the merchant again. She apologized and said she had been short-staffed and was having trouble with the company's bookkeeping. I waited another week, but I still did not receive my refund so I contacted the merchant again. By this time, she admitted that she had already spent the money I'd paid her and was unable to refund the money she owed me. At that point, I turned to my credit card company to dispute the charge for services never received. It is now six months later and I am still working with the credit card company to get my money back. The merchant is perfectly friendly but does not seem to run the business in a responsible, efficient manner.

22 Thank tallminded
Irvine, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Shady billing practices”
Reviewed December 18, 2008

This experience has been nothing but a headache. Diana overcharged us by $100 for our ride. When we spoke, she apologized for the overcharge and said she would credit back the cash. But after 4 months of repeated phone calls, she has yet to refund that money! Now, her hanging up on us and avoiding our calls is giving us the impression that we'll never see that $100 from her. I don't think that is an appropriate way to run a business.

As far as the ride went, we had a large group of 10 people that she was happy to accommodate. However, one of the horses was out of control so she spent the whole time trying to keep it calm. We were told that she doesn't ride that horse because of its temperament. Granted, our group was large for her and her daughter to handle alone, but unfortunately our ride was more of a walking tour.

Diana comes across as very nice, but due to this unscrupulous billing issue, I recommend avoiding

16 Thank djshabadoo