“Nice ride through vineyards”

Wine Country Trails by Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided horseback trail rides through the beutiful Temecula Valley Vineyards.
parker, co
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Nice ride through vineyards”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Friendly, laid back staff. Horses were nice and eager to go. Some in our group were a bit nervous, and they could have used a word or two of instruction (like take up the reins a bit)! We were expecting more narrative about the area, but received info only when questions were asked. I liked the ride though. Good to get out an see the countryside. My knee is bad so hiking is limited. I am an experienced rider so the go in my horse was okay with me. Be sure to tell the wranglers your honest level of experience.

Visited December 2012

Durham, North Carolina
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“Fun day out in Temecula”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We purchased this tour off of Living Social or Travel Zoo (sorry I cannot remember) and for the value we paid, we had a really nice time.

We took the morning tour, which offered a 90 minute tour through the Wilson Creek Winery, then four wine tastings at this place, and three others nearby.

First, our conversations with the staff when booking was great. They were helpful, asked their questions professionally (looking for experience, your weight, etc.), and gave us excellent directions to the location. Let me tell you, write their directions down because if you don't, I am sure it would be challenging to find them!

Once there in the morning, you are set with an option to wear helmets (we did, but most did not) and are given your special horse for the tour. The horses are rescues (not sure if it 100% or not) and this was very special to us. They do emphasize this and I felt it appropriate. The horses are well cared for, and very gentle. Their personalities do come out, and they do take a bit of strong coaxing sometimes to get them to stay on course - they want to nibble on stuff along the way. But, they know the course very well and don't wander for any other reason.

The tour itself is nice, but not overly "interesting", let's say. I don't mean this as a criticism really. You tour a very lovely winery, the views are great - especially when the many hot air balloons are floating above you - and it is quite relaxing. But, you just go through the vineyard, a citrus grove, and around the place in a circle. I was a bit bored after about halfway and took to talking to one of the guides, a very nice young man who was working here part-time and I found this discussion fascinating.

Our rear ends were sore after the ride - your body doesn't appreciate doing stuff it's not used to apparently.

The wine tasting at Wilson Creek was our first of two (we didn't go to all 4 because my wife started feeling a bit ill - flu, not anything related to the tour). This place was nice, not too busy but we were one of the first ones in because of our morning horseback riding venture. It did get busy quickly and by the time we left, the tasting area was quite full with some people waiting. Wilson Creek wines were average, I would say. We decided not to buy anything here, knowing we had more to visit after this. They did put a bit of slight pressure on you to buy, but normal stuff, nothing heavy-handed at all.

Our next visit was to Lorimar and this was much nicer. It is a newer place, and the people were very nice. We found several varieties much more to our liking here, and ended up joining their wine club and buying some wines.

Following this, we went to lunch figuring to close out the other two wineries afterwards, but then my wife fell ill, as I mentioned above.

Overall, we both had a lot of fun. It was a bit on the expensive side, but the advanced purchase with coupon made it worth it. We would definitely recommend this place and the tours.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ioj27
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wine trails, with horses, circling around 1 main property”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

No office, but an end of the road location with 2 horse trailers. Accompaning wine tasting was just "ok", way too many people at Wilson Creek, and wines just are not that good anymore. Lots of debris and other hazards along the trails. The horses were sweet and gentle and since they are rescues, this is the only saving grace to spending a lot of $$$ for a not so scenic ride around the Wilson's property.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank heatherscuba
cooma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“alright...”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

i found it very fun and enjoyable and the scenery was beautiful but at the end, someone got bucked off their horse and the instructer just left him there. in the end he ende up having to go to hospital because of it. i think it wasnt very responsible of the instructor to just leave him there when he has nver ridden a horse before. but other than that, it was great

Visited October 2011
1 Thank emilylovestravel
Yucaipa
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Fabulous Anniversary Gift to Ourselves!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

OK, our 23rd anniversary was 3 months ago, but this is the soonest we could schedule it around our busy lives. My husband owned horses until he left for college and so has had lots of horse and trail riding experience (but not for the past 12 years.) I trail rode horses when I was young as a part of summer camp or family vacations, but not for years. So when we saw this as a LADeals offer, we jumped on it. What a great day! We did the 8am ride (August you know. But wasn't terribly hot.) Blue skies, puffy clouds, great 90 minute+ tour of back roads, through vineyards and citrus groves. John, our guide, was great! The horses were good; gentle but not plodding. Quincy, my roan, tended to lag behind my husband and John (only the three of us on today's ride. In spring they will have as many as 300 people a month!) Then Quincy would decide to trot 50 feet to catch up. Then he'd have to munch on grape leaves despite my best efforts. (The horses wear a hackamore rather than a bridle with a bit.) But I was pleased to find I had no trouble with riding a gentle trail again after 30+ years. Our package tour was followed by wine tasting and lunch at Wilson Winery. All in all a fantastic day! (Although I suspect I'll have trouble climbing out of bed tomorrow am!)

Visited August 2012