“My Perfect Day”

Wine Country Trails by Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided horseback trail rides through the beutiful Temecula Valley Vineyards.
San Diego, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“My Perfect Day”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We purchased a package through Travelzoo that included a 90-minute horseback ride, lunch and wine-tasting at Wilson Creek Winery. The voucher for lunch covers just about every entree on the menu including an iced tea or soft drink. The food is delicious and is served in the outdoor restaurant. The tasting voucher was good for 5 tastings.

I almost backed out of this one after reading the negative reviews, but spoke to the owner and got the real scoop. Diana is a wonderful, gentle woman who genuinely cares about her horses and wants to ensure that you have a perfect experience with them.

We met the horses at the Wilson Creek Winery and the guides asked about our riding experience and matched us up with a horse. Two experienced guides take out each group of 6 riders. I had ridden a horse only once before and it was 40 years ago. All of the horses in our group were very gentle and well-behaved. I felt extremely relaxed and comfortable on the entire ride. This ride through the vineyards and orchards is slow-paced so you can take in the scenery.

This was one of those perfect days that I will always remember. Thank you, Diana.

9 Thank Cheryl S

Indio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Perfect Ride”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My girlfriend and I had been looking forward to this for months. The entire event was even better than we imagined. When we arrived, the horses had been groomed and were waiting for us. All the staff was very pleasant and friendly. The horses were all beautiful and healthy with perfectly maintained tack. We were very happy to learn that the horses were all 'rescues'. It was evident that they had found a good home. Each guest was asked to complete a form which included questions about your level of experience with horses. From there you were matched with a horse that fit your level. The ride itself was very easy and relaxing. We meandered through beautiful vineyards and citrus groves. My only disapointment was that the ride ended. But there was still more to come. Our package included lunch and wine tasting at Wilson Creek Winery. Things just kept getting better! Our lunch was delicious and the wine tasting was great fun. We are planning another horseback ride soon. I would definately recommend this excursion. Wine Country Trails is very professional, very accommodating, It was a prefect ride!

4 Thank Lisa M
La Quinta, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect Day!”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I booked this outing for my friend and I which included horseback riding through the vineyars, and lunch and wine tasting at Wilson Creek Winery. Both of us loved our horses and the guides were both fun and knowledgeable. All of the horses were rescue horses, which really impressed us. The horses are very well taken care of; they were clean and obviously in good health and spirits. Lunch at Wilson Creek was wonderful, and we throughly enjoyed the wine tasting. I would definitely do this again!!

2 Thank Sue S
Littleton, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome time!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I was initially hesitant to book this trip due to the negative reviews, but after calling and speaking to the staff, they were so helpful and reassuring that I thought I would give it a go. My mother, who is 73 years old and recently had a hip replacement, was treated with special care, as were all in our group according to their respective abilities with horses. (Mom hadn't been on a horse since being a teenager and was not an experienced rider.) The horses were all very well-behaved . After the ride we had a wonderful lunch, as well as wine-tasting at Wilson Creek Winery, which is a beautiful place. We had an Awesome time and I would highly recommend Wine Country Trails by Horseback!!

Visited September 2011
3 Thank KellyColorado2
Temecula, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery with great horses”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Went on ride with my two daughters, 10 & 11 years old. The horses were great for them. After, enjoyed a great lunch at Wilson Creek. What a fun day!

Visited June 2011