“Very nice location, but overpriced”
Review of South Coast Winery

South Coast Winery
Ranked #12 of 92 things to do in Temecula
More attraction details
Owner description: This profile is made for South Coast Winery which produces wine only and not South Coast Winery Resort & Spa Please leave your feedback
Temecula, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice location, but overpriced”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We can't say enough about how beautiful and refined the location is. The lodge setting where the restaurant is located is beautiful. The place is made for having a wedding or some important event there. The tasting room is one of the nicer ones in Temecula Valley. Unfortunately, the cost for food is a little steep. The food isn't bad, but in most cases pretty basic (Denny's quality) - but at twice the Denny's price. There are plenty of good wines up for tasting, as there should be - with nearly 40 wines to chose from. You lose the pride that comes with making a few good wines well, this winery outsources and draws from numerous vineyards not only in the Temecula/Riverside area, but also towards San Diego...nothing wrong with that, but South Coast is clearly a major LABEL, not a great winery or vineyard. Not bad. I would take uninitiated there to find something they like, and the setting is unrivaled.

Los Angeles, CA
“Worst customer experience ever!”
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I have never experienced customer service to that degree. Everyone was great except for this one person. I went in with family to do a wine tasting. I asked the bartender for some suggestions on their wine selections and this person had the nerve to tell me " Read the menu. It's all on there." I noticed how rudely this person was treating me. I'm not going to mention the other things said to me because I am so insulted. So I thought maybe I'm prejudging. Give people the benefit of doubt. But other customers seemed to have gotten the royal treatment. I was the only one getting the short end of the stick. Come on this isn't the 50's. I was totally prejudged. This company needs to monitor they're staff more thoroughly.

Los Angeles
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Flim flam wine tasting”
Reviewed March 9, 2008

South Coast Winery was the biggest disappointment in our wine tasting weekend. Supposedly any five tastes for $10 with five poker chips that are taken after each taste. But the server does not let you get near the expensive and award winning wines until you taste three that are quite terrible. The short pour from the automatic spout did not fool anyone in our group either. Sadly, nothing but a hustle in beautiful surroundings! But, the one bright spot was a beautiful and inexpensive gift shot that wowed our crowd. Our tip: Hit the gift shop, pass on the wine - or if you do taste, hang onto the five chips and dictate the wines you want to try.

4 Thank CLCCalifornia