“Beautiful setting to enjoy a glass of wine!”
Review of South Coast Winery

South Coast Winery
Ranked #11 of 94 things to do in Temecula
More attraction details
Owner description: This profile is made for South Coast Winery which produces wine only and not South Coast Winery Resort & Spa Please leave your feedback
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I had not intended on stopping at this winery but after a few locals recommended it, we decided to drop by. We had originally stopped at another of the vineyards and while it was beautiful, we found the pourers to be a little "stuffy". So we decided to take check out the locals recommendation. We weren't sure about how to get started, but a few wine club members quickly explained how things worked. The pourers were lots of fun, and the atmosphere was relaxing. We are not wine experts, and we were made to feel comfortable. Pourers explained the different selections and helped us with our questions. We definitely would recommend this winery!

There are newer reviews for South Coast Winery

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I work nearby this winery. Our yearly holiday dinners are always held here. The services is wonderful and personable, and their wine is my favorite in the Temecula region. I'm not a big sweet wine fan, but the Riesling is pretty great. The California Girl is also a sweeter white wine that is quite tasty as well. This is a very popular winery. I went wine tasting there today.... 5 tastings for $15. You keep your wine glass as well, so a pretty good deal in my opinion. This winery has never disappointed me, and I've been here at least five times. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent an hour tasting wines. Once we figured out what to do and found the balcony, we enjoyed the variety of wines we tried. The pourers were friendly and generous. But, they don't do a lot on the front end to help you get started.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have been coming to the South Coast Winery since they opened their individual villas to stay in among their vineyards. I have enjoyed some of their wines, eaten at their Vineyard Rose Restaurant and frequented the recently closed restaurant in Costa Mesa. I was excited to visit again this past Valentine's Day weekend. We decided to visit on Friday since we supposed the three day holiday weekend would have the tasting room a bit busy. This tasting room is set up so poorly that most people wait and wait and then are told to go to the gift shop cashier to buy their tasting tickets, some of the most expensive in this wine country area. Then you must fight to get a space at their bar only to be ignored for much longer. Once the poorer gets to you, they don't tell you anything about the wines (do they even know?) and never show you the bottle. Even if I did like any of them, I couldn't have known what to purchase! They don't have any of the bottles on display, just stacks of their boxes behind the bar. This was a terrible experience and I won't be back. You might argue that hey, it was a holiday, they were busy. We also visited another popular winery, Wilson Creek, on that Saturday. They were so busy that they had about four very long bars open for tasting and you did have to wait a bit to be served. However, their organization, friendliness, great wines and great service had us purchasing four bottles before we left. The server had recommendations, descriptions and a great smile.

1  Thank Cowgirlvjs
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Waited 20 minutes & still were inline to pay for sampling!
Very disorganized place & NO directions on Wharton do or how to do it.