“a pleasant surprise”

Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tehachapi
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Our visit to the holiday inn was great from check in to check out. Good service,excellent beds,nice rooms.
Plus a good breakfast. Hotel has the new ambieance that we all like.
Good location for business for us.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 101Shp
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you 101Shp for your wonderful review. I hope that we continue to meet your expectations in all your future stays with us.
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

....right off the highway, easy to get into, easy to out of. Free hot breakfast consists of: scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hot sweet rolls.danish, breads for toasting. Cereals hot and cold. A pancake machine. Yogurts and fruits. Coffee, tea and juice. The pool/spa is outdoors at this location. Never had trouble getting a room on short notice and they are always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Back corner better if you need quiet. The King bed is better then the two bed choice rooms, the bed...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ROSully

Dear ROSully,
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate all feedback we get from our guests and I am glad to hear you had a good experience. I hope we see you again and again in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had a nice stay here. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms on the highway side are a bit noisy I would suggest trying to get a room on the back side. The trucks getting on and off the highway woke me up several times. On the plus side the rooms were clean!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away for the highway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BA B
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am happy to hear that you had a nice stay. I do apologize for the highway noise but can assure you that we will be able to accomodate to your needs in any of your future stay. I hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel chosen primarily as its a reasonable distance away from the trains!
Check in was flawless and speedy,we were tired after a transatlantic flight followed by a long drive.
The room was spotless,the bed extremely comfortable,quiet location and the hot breakfast was excellent..........cereals,breads and pastries,sausage patties,grits,omelettes,fresh pancakes,fruits and beverages.
Can thoroughly recommend

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roscoetheotter

Thank you so much for your review! I love that you are a returning guest and am happy to hear we are able to meet you expectations. I hope we continue to see you again and again!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Very clean with nice staff. Breakfast was typical for a holiday inn. Good work-out room. Beds and room very nice. Internet was fast for a motel room. Location right off highway - unless you want Denny's a bit of a drive - they have a hand-out of restaurants in the city.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelsbyrail
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel travelsbyrail! We appreciate your feedback and love that we were able to meet all your standards and needs. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located near the freeway; however, there is a lot of truck noise. The breakfast was pretty good and I appreciated it being ready so early. The bed was just ok. I was expecting the nice pillow top beds I've had at other Holiday Inn Express hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank CaliGurl636
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Hi CaliGurl636,
I would like to thank for your review of the hotel and apologize for the minor inconveniences you experianced during your stay. It is my goal for all of our guests to have a wonderful experiance at my hotel and I would like to ensure you that I will be addressing the concerns you have with our General Manager of the hotel and we will do our best to make your next stay with us an exceptional experiance.
Thank you and we all hope to see you in our hotel again soon!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Tehachapi is a small mountain town about half way between my winter and summer homes. The Holiday Inn Express is one of the newer hotels in the area and is always a welcome sight after a long day on the road. I have never stayed more than one night in a row, as I continue on the next morning, so I haven't had any housekeeping issues. My stays, including the last one in October, have been pleasant and quiet. The staff have always treated my wife and I with the upmost courtesy and respect. The rooms are okay, nothing spectacular, but I'm not staying at the Waldorf. The nice thing is that I normally haul a small trailer to and from the two areas and I feel secure in parking it here behind the hotel. The pool (if the weather is decent) is small, but clean. If you're not interested in the breakfast served by the hotel, there is also a restaurant right across the street behind the gas station. It's location makes dinner or an early morning breakfast a breeze.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TrapperH
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Good Afternoon Tucson T,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you are a very loyal and satisfied guest of ours. I hope that we will continue to provide wonderful services to you and your family and look forward to your next stay at our hotel.