“Great place and I wish I could've stayed longer.”

Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tehachapi
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great place--We were just passing through going for a family visit and had reserved this hotel for 1 night. I'm really not a fan of Holiday Inn Express but this place really live up far better than my expectations. The staff was very friendly and the room was nice and clean. We had just made about a 5 hour trip and we relaxed very well here. It was quite and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brine G
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am really glad to hear that we exceded you expectations and I hope that on your trip back you will stop by again.
661-822-9837

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street

Reviewed September 4, 2012

On a trip between Arizona and northern California, we try to avoid L.A., and this hotel in Tehachapi is ideal. It's quiet, away from the railroad, and convenient to the highway. The service is very good with good recommendations for dinner. The breakfast is good with biscuits and gravy, delicious cinnamon rolls, eggs, and the usual cereals, breads, etc. This is our third time to stay here, and we will definitely stay here the next time we are circumventing L.A.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TakinRTime
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thank you for your review! It is always wonderful to hear that you have stayed at our hotel before and plan to continue staying here. We look forward to seeing you again someday! If you have any special requests for your future stay, please feel free to contact our hotel directly at 661.822.9837.
Hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed for multiple days while visiting family. Needed to bring two cats with us at the last minute, and staff were very flexible in accommodating this request. Room was well appointed and housekeepers were good about asking if we needed additional supplies/support during stay. Beds were nice, but every spring on the pull-out couch could be felt while sleeping. Window looked like it would open, but it did not: maybe because we were on third floor. Microwave and refrigerator were in small kitchen area with small sink and a few cupboards - great for multi-day stay.

Pool and hot tub were clean and functional, and there was a covered patio area with two sets of outdoor dining furniture and charcoal grills for guest use. Breakfast buffet was fresh, full, and well maintained until closure each morning. Fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, hot and cold cereal, fresh cinnamon rolls, breakfast breads, and a pancake-making machine that caused quite a stir with the younger guests. Coffee available 24-hours is great for me.

We typically stay at the Best Western Mountain Inn, and chose Holiday Inn because it was pet-friendly with enclosed/interior corridors. Will stay here again if we can get a competitive price.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms on third floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank swilrgirl
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am glad that we meet all your expectations and if you would like to come back please call me at 661.822.9837 and I can see about working out a price for you and your family.
Again thank you and I hope we see you again soon =)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good value, good breadfast, great stay. Clean room, quiet and friendly staff

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay. I hope we see you again someday =)

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Twice we've stayed here. The rooms are clean but bedding was wrinkled and not done professional. Wifi went down often. The carpets left our feet dirty. My friend found a dead worm in the bathroom. Somewhat noisy. The breakfast was good and presented nicely. Check in and out was fine. We have family here so again we will stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am always happy to see guests returning to the hotel, it makes us feel like we're doing something right =). However, I am disappointed in your experiance with the bedding and internet. I wanted to let you know that I am working with our IT Department regarding the internet issues and I will be addressing the issue of bedding with my housekeeping supervisor. I would like to ensure you that upon your next visit, these issues should be completely fixed. Also, feel free to contact me anytime regarding any future stays at 661.822.9837. My name is Kimberly and I am the Director of Sales and I hope to be hearing from you soon.
Thank you!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

It's a new hotel, nice location, probably the better choice in Tehachapi - but they gave away my reserved room, made 3 weeks in advance. Lots of workers stay here, lots of noise 5-7 a.m. Pet-friendly meant stuck in area no one else would prefer. I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PaintTheCity
tehcafd, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Good Afternoon and Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests in order to maintain a higher quality hotel. I understand that you had a negative experience at our hotel and I would like to sincerely apologize on our behalf for the areas in which we did not meet your expectations. If you would like to contact me to discuss further your experience, it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to work with you on improving our hotel for yourself and for our future reservations. I would also like to offer you a discounted stay with us if you are ever in Tehachapi again so that we may hopefully earn back your trust and respect in our hotel. Please contact me at our hotel at 661.822.9837. My name is Kimberly and I am the Director of Sales. Again, thank you for your review and I hope to hear from you soon =)

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a typical new-build Holiday Inn Express - 3 story (with elevator) located on the north side of Highway 58 (the town is on the south side of the highway). There is a Denny's Restaurant across the street, but not much else. Room was moderate size. Window opens. Microwave, refrigerator, full length mirror, sofa chair, desk, good lighting, nice size bathroom. Internet access in rooms at no charge. Room was clean and in good condition. Bed was very comfortable, with a choice of firm or soft pillows. Breakfast was typical fare, heavy on fat and carbs. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Hotel is located away from the railroad tracks, so I did not notice any train noise (most other hotels in Tehachapi are within a block of the railroad. Trains are frequent and blow their horns liberally for the crossings in town.) There is plenty of free parking. Downsides: heating/air conditioning unit in the room was very noisy; soundproofing could be improved.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel, we always appreciate those who take the time to let us know how well we are doing. I am glad that we were able to mostly accomplish your expectations of our hotel, and am sad to see that we weren't 100% with you. I'd like to apologize to you for the noisy room you were given and would appreciate you contacting me to let me know which room it was so that I can make sure that the A/C is properly taken care of. I would hate to have more of our guests have a restless night over something we should be able to fix. My name is Kimberly and I am the Director of Sales, my phone number is 661.822.9837. I hope to hear from you soon =)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tehachapi
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi
Best Western Plus Country Park Hotel
La Quinta Inn Tehachapi
La Quinta Inn Tehachapi
#6 of 8 in Tehachapi
Best Western Desert Winds
Mariah Country Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Mojave - Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street? Share your experiences!