“Our Favorite Hotel Of Our Trip”

Best Western Plus Country Park Hotel
Best Western Plus Country Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tehachapi
Santa Clara, CA
“Our Favorite Hotel Of Our Trip”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We walked into the hotel after suffering through 115 degree desert driving. We were beat up. The incredibly nice woman at the front desk greeted us warmly and ran the busy counter in a well oiled fashion.

Our room floored us. It was large, had a regular thermostat that we could adjust, had comfy beds, a fridge, microwave, a nice desk, and a HUGE flat screen TV. The bathroom was massive and had very pretty tile. An extra sink was an added plus.

The great location to downtown food sealed the deal.

Voted the favorite hotel on our vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JohnFromSantaClara
Katie R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Country Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (661) 823-1800.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Park Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bay Area, CA
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here after the first leg of a road-trip/fishing-trip from the Bay Area to Arizona. Arrived early evening on the Wednesday before Easter. Plenty of parking; check-in was easy and courteous; rooms spacious and clean; ditto bathrooms. Good restaurant within a five minute or so walk.

Breakfast next day (very early) was excellent preparation for a 500 mile drive. Only caveat is that the breakfast room is very small so I could imagine it getting very crowded at peak times.

I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel as excellent value for money (we paid $119) and will definitely stay here again next time I need lodging in Tehachapi.

Room Tip: Railroad runs past the front of hotel. If that bothers you ask for a room on the back.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank nigel777

Santa Rosa
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Decided to stop in Tehachapi on the way from Death Valley to the Bay Area. The desk clerk, Ellen, was efficient and patient when we checked in. She had plenty of good recommendations for places to eat and things to see. When we decided we might order pizza, she told us it was good, and it was, and made it easy for our group to enjoy it. The beds were very comfortable, and the rooms were quiet. As with many Best Westerns, the rooms were of ample size and well equipped.

My only tiny complaint is that because they have no dishwasher, they do not have glassware in the rooms and do not have ceramic coffee mugs. Seems to me those little dishwashers they use in bars would not cost much. Adding one would be a real upgrade.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank srca

Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The title says it all. Over 50+ years of visiting Tehachapi and staying in all sorts of places as the town grew, this has become my hotel of choice. I began staying here when the property was built ten years ago. The place looked as fresh as when it was built and that is saying something as hotels often get quite "tattered" as the years go on. Not this one. The public areas are very fresh and the new double-door entryway really helps in the wind. The rooms are wonderfully clean with a very fresh smell. Bathrooms are quite roomy which I appreciate as a senior. As a train fan I always take a room on the street side of the property but for maximum quiet ask for a room at the rear of the building. Parking area is well-lit and visible from the front desk which is reassuring. The free breakfast is more than adequate and has improved since my last stay. The staff treats us like family, what more can I say? It is not right on the Interstate which is nice for noise and traffic. The new WiFi setup has eliminated the drop-out problem.

Room Tip: If you don't mind train noise, stay at the front to see the trains go by. Otherwise ask for a ro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce J

Bass Lake, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times now for business, and every time the rooms have been spotless, huge, and the customer service is always incredible. I didn't try out the pool this time, but the hot-tub was great the previous trip. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Angela G

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I love the quality, staff and breakfast at this BW. It is a really good "Plus" property. This is my 2nd stay this month. Their WIFI is really glitchy. It keeps on disconnecting me even though I get a good strong signal. Then I have to get the little cardkey cover and re-enter their complex Pentagon-security level username and password again. What a pain. I wish they would make their Internet access as easy as every other Best Western I stay at.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (661) 823-1800.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a very pleasant motel right in the town of Tehachapi. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and quiet. They have morning breakfast. We used our Best Western point to stay here, so not sure if the price is good or not. We walked to the historic part of town from here and found a great bakery.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 52cali

BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Park Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tehachapi
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi
Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street
La Quinta Inn Tehachapi
La Quinta Inn Tehachapi
#6 of 8 in Tehachapi
Best Western Desert Winds
Mariah Country Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Mojave - Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Country Park Hotel? Share your experiences!