“Even Better Fish and Chips”
Review of M&M Fish and Chips - CLOSED

M&M Fish and Chips
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Even Better Fish and Chips”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Having eaten fish and chips in Europe, I would rate that dish here superior. The fish is haddock, I believe, and the portions are generous and tasty. It is not very spicy, but they will offer cocktail sauce for those that want it spicier. Fish is served with choice of tater tots or fries. They also have excellent fried chicken and a good selection of side dishes. Service is personal and prompt and food is prepared after you order at the counter, so it is alway fresh. They just celebrated five years of business and have always received "A" ratings from the health department inspectors. I personally prefer eat in to take out, but we have done both and have never been disappointed.

• Visited April 2014

Tehachapi
“Was hoping for something more spicy”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I'll admit to getting occasional cravings for spicy deep-fried crusty chicken, like Popeye's. There's nothing like that yet in Tehachapi, not even a KFC.

The chicken here was deep-fried, but with a very bland coating. Plain flour? The nice lady behind the counter took the order, walked back a few feet to the food prep area and began cooking my chicken. Very simple operation, but not especially cheap.

I think she was trying to rush the order to make me happy, but I would have preferred to let the chicken cook a little longer - it was not as done as I would have liked.

So, bland and undercooked. Maybe they do fish better?

• Visited October 2013
Tehachapi, California
“Good fish”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good fish, somewhat limited menu. Don't expect fast food prices. The food is better than fast food and is priced accordingly. Nothing special about the decor or the service. If you want good fried fish in Tehachapi, this would be a good bet.

Visited April 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fresh Fish & Fries”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I eat here regularly. We love their deep fried fish with either cocktail sauce or tartar. They have recently expanded their menu to include fried chicken and other dishes. I highly recommend the buffalo balls for an app. they are ground turkey balls stuffed with blue cheese and coated with a spicy breading and then fried. They had a great flavor. They have had an "A" rating on their door from public health from the day they opened and their restrooms, serving area and kitchen are immaculate. Hasn't got a lot of atmosphere, other than a delightful seascape mural, but the food is made when you order, not precooked and kept warm under infrared lights. Fast and personable service from a family run business. A wonderful alternative to fast food!

• Visited July 2012
Tehachapi, California
“I'm sorry the quality is just sorta blah”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I don't like to write a bad review. It's a small town and we need all rest. But the food is so average. My husband and I constantly drive by each month and are surprised its still open. They do have a really pretty painting mural on the wall.

Visited July 2011