“Mountain views”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Tehachapi
Reviewed September 22, 2013

One of my best hotel stays in this price range. First-rate staff. Rooms were very clean, with a contemporary Asian motif. I appreciated the option of having the bathroom fan on or off. With my allergies, I also liked the strict no smoking / no pets policy. Breakfast was good although I would appreciate some leaner sausages. The rooms are courtyard or street side. Although the railroad is fairly close, with many trains, the noise was not a problem. If you want a view of the mountains, ask for the courtyard side.

Room Tip: Courtyard side rooms have a better mountain view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Joseph A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for the feedback my housekeeping and staff really prides them selfs on how clean they keep this hotel for us. I also want to thank you for saying that my staff is first rate of course I would agree with you on this one. We do have a very nice view from the court side I would try seeing in with snow if you get the chance. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We just spent 6 nights here and couldn't fault it. This was our 4 th time at this hotel. We decided to get a bigger room this time which was fantastic a couch and tv then the bedrooms. Housekeeping keep the place tidy great breakfast with a rotating hot selection. Staff where great especially Abigail who chatted with us each day.

• Stayed: September 2013

Jenders,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our front desk associate Abigail I find her to be a great asset to our team as well as the rest of the team. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you for a 5th time soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great overnite stopover hotel...lives up to the Fairfield Inn standard. Rooms are comfortable .The hot breakfast with its waffle maker was very welcome. It included eggs,fruits and a variety of bread.

Staff are very pleasant....specially in the dining room...welcoming and friendly.

Fairfield Inns is one if our favorite choices...so far have never been disappointed. Keep up the good name

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the feedback I am very pleased to hear that we are keeping up the name of Fairfield Inn & Suites becasue I think they are very nice, clean, Friendly hotels. Thank you again for the positive feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was very clean and comfy. We were in the back so couldn't see the trains. We were lucky to be there at that time since the "Mountain Festival" was happening at that time.
Only complaint is there are no restrooms near the pool, so you have to walk to your room with your wet suit on to change. Staff was wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I am sorry about there not being a bathroom in the pool area but we do have one located in the lobby that can be used that is usually a little closer then the room again I am sorry for that. Thank you for saying that my staff was wonderful I will be sure to be passing that on. Thank you again for the review and have a great day.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Like trains? Get a third floor room with balcony facing the tracks to watch them go by. Great view of the mountains in the distance. Room layout is perfect. Separate sitting area between the bedroom and the bathroom. Two T.V.'s, fridge, great shower, huge bathroom. Really nothing not to like. Wish all Fairfield Inn's were like this.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris G

Chris G.,

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for giveing us positive feed back. I am also happy that you enjoyed your executive sweet. We look forward to seeing you again in the future thank you again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at this property while in town for the Mountain festival &Thunder on the mountain car show. Wow is all I can say!! This a newer hotel and it shows.The staff were very helpful and friendly on check-in and during our stay. We stayed in room 214 which is a suite, the room had a sitting area with a flat screen TV, Smartphone docking station, hide a bed couch,Desk area, wet bar, refrigerator, micro wave and coffee maker. The bedroom area had a king size bed(very comfortable!!),walk in closet, dresser,flat screen TV and dimmable reading lights in the overhead. A sliding door in the bedroom led onto a balcony with a view of the near by Tehachapi range. The bathroom was large, modern and ADA compliant. Other room amenities included an iron, full size ironing board and hair drier. The hotel grounds were very nice with a pool, spa and small gazebo out back for sitting. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast, and continental grab and go options as well. We had to leave early so we took advantage of the continental offerings (fruit, cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins and the like).Unfortunately we were only able to stay 1 night and couldn't take full advantage of the hotels amenities. I would highly recommend this hotel if your staying in the area!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear of the property are quitter than those in the front which face the main highway an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank ou for bigblue43 for staying with us and for the positive feed back. I am very happy as well as my staff to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. We cant wait to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I lodged here for 16-weeks whilst on a work assignment - so this review covers that 4-month duration. The hotel feels and looks brand new - however due to it being around for 2 years - it operates like a well oiled machine. Courteous and consistent attentitve staff (across the entire team) really enhanced the experience of my stay. Convenient parking on all sides of the hotel, great location with easy access to 58, historic down town and all the strip mall convenience at Tucker Rd. and higher - this is a faultless location and with scenic views of Tehachapi's mountains (best at both dawn and dusk). If contemplating a stay here - I strongly recommend lodging here and having a comfortable experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jovoyvanair
Joseph A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you Mr.Jones we really appriciate the great feedback and really enjoyed haveing you here and getting to know you.