“Great ambiance!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations, Seating
Tehachapi, California
“Great ambiance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband & I love coming for the live music & GREAT variety of cheese & wine & a gourmet menu!! Great spot to un-wind & socialize!!

Visited February 2012

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“#1 on the top 10 list of wine bars. This place rocks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have had the pleasure to enjoy this wine bar more than once. My first time I experienced this wine bar was with friends that raved about how terrific it was. They weren't kidding!!! We were greeted as soon as we walked in. Got a table immediately. I was throughly impressed with the wine selection which included many wines from central california as well as northern california and imports. Unknowingly, we were greeted by the GM and owner. She was impressive. Her wine knowledge was unsurpassed and extensive. I am an experienced wine lover and host an extensive home wine cellar. I was amazed at her knowledge and enthusiasm for wine. Now the food, DELICIOUS!!!! I had the pleasure to meet the 2 culinary chefs that were in their early 20's. What talent they possess!!! I have had many things on the menu and wasn't disappointed with any of my choices. I highly recommend the portabella mushrooms, clam chowder, or any of the grilled cheese choices. Oh, and lest I forget the desserts. They have amazing hand made chocolates in every flavor you can imagine. The GM (Debbie) pared up our meal and our chocolates with fantastic wine selections. We left many hours later with full stomachs and memories with our friends to last a lifetime. We will come back again and again!!!! This is a must try!!!

• Visited April 2012
California
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

This place was perhaps the most unexpected delight of an unassuming establishment. From the outside the Wine and Cheese Cellar looked fairly nondescript and was located such that one would not expect much out of it. To my delight this was a delicious surprise. This is by far the best food I have ever had in Tehachapi and possibly in all of Kern County. There was not much in the way of ambiance but it was more than satisfactory. They had a great wine selection including many from Central California as well as a variety of wine paraphernalia. I had the Tri-Tip sandwich for lunch that was indescribably delicious. The combination of meat, cheeses, bread and spices were incredible, so much so I asked to speak to the cook. To my surprise there were two, both of them culinary school trained chefs, both in their early twenties. They were very polite and humble but obviously very capable. They also were very knowledgeable in pairing wine and dessert, or for that matter wine with any of the food. For desert I ordered the variety plate of homemade truffles. I found out later that they were shipped in from Tennessee. They were out of this world delicious. The chef’s choice of wine pairing was spot on. If you like chocolate, this is the stairway to heaven. The prices were a little expensive, around $17.00 a plate but well worth it. If you want to impress your wife or girlfriend, this is the place.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank jadkgeanaerli
Tehachapi, California
“Nice selection of wine and light fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Knowledgeable, unpretentious and pleasant staff. Nice selection of wines for purchase or drinking. Also have a good selection of import and craft beer. Very nice light fare that pairs well with wine. Some really exceptional cheeses! They have live music from time to time also. Not a kid-friendly place.

1 Thank Marie E
Los Angeles
“Good food and better wine....have a nice evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

Good blend of nice baked pasta with Merlot, was very enjoyable. Will go again.

Visited November 2011