“A little bit of Greece”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This was our first eating stop in the area. We ordered several different dishes to share. All were very good - including the garlic fries (don't go dancing afterwards) & the baklava (although The Fez has better). Would go back again - prices were very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for Petra Mediterranean Deli and Restaurant

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Dingy appearance order at counter spartan interior only two servers/cooks. Result slow service. Food average we tried two types of gyro's for lunch with garlic fries. Lots of fries one order for two. One large one average gyro real meat the sauce was not the taziki we were used to and not to our liking not cucumber but pickles. Had outside sitting but too cold when we were there. Price as advertised.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We live in Tehachapi and I get food to go from Petra every chance I get. The owners of the establishment are very nice and welcoming, and the food is authentic, delicious, and reasonable. I typically call in my order, because it takes about 20 - 30 minutes for them to prepare the food, as everything is made from scratch. They have a dining area if you choose to eat there, but I typically take it home.

I love the falafel wrap. It is so big that I have to share it!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Great Greek deli. My husband's favorite place. Is # 1 for a reason. Desserts and dishes are all good. We've tried the Gyros and sandwiches, pleased every time!

Reviewed March 6, 2012

YUM. Petra serves delicious Mediterranean food in a very casual atmosphere. The portions are HUGE. Two people could easily split most entrees. In my opinion, the items with the chunks of lamb are superior to the items with sliced lamb. All the sides are quite delicious. A little pricey but not outrageous.