“Service is Hit or Miss, but the food is Good”
Review of Blue Ginger Pho

Blue Ginger Pho
Ranked #12 of 67 Restaurants in Tehachapi
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We tried this place twice...the first time, the dining room got very busy and there was not enough staff to handle the number of customers. We literally got trapped for an extra 30 minutes because we could not get our waiter to bring the check and he didn't have any time to check on us or clear the table, etc. However, the Pho, chicken wings, and spring rolls were delicious so we decided to give it a second chance. This time, we had no issues with service and the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. I really loved the taste of the Pho, it's some of the best I have ever had. The rest of the food was good but not anything too exciting. We were, however, very pleased and pleasantly surprised to find such diverse food choices in Tehachapi and would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank MallibuStacy

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My experience has been 180 degrees opposite of many other reviewers. The food has been excellent; properly cooked and prepared as I like it. My Wife enjoys the chicken Pho and we both love the egg rolls. The waiters remember what I like and almost write the receipt before I get to tell them what I want. I have brought friends and business associates here and they were pleasantly surprised by the cuisine. They also have Boba drinks, the only place in Tehachapi you can get them! Prices are very reasonable, usually less than $25.00 for dinner for two. I have also had food to go and it was as good at home as it was at their table. Their website is in process but gives you basic info on the restaurant.

1  Thank Click01
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Good Vietnamese comfort food. The menu included rice plates, pho soup, chow mein and curry. I ordered grilled pork chop with egg and shredded pork. My plate arrived sans the shredded pork which I didn't mind too much since I had really simply wanted the chops and egg. The grilled pork chop was large but a bit on the salty side. Also, I wish they included a salad and/or cucumbers like most other Vietnamese restaurants i've eaten at. My wife didn't care for the chicken curry too much as it is cooked Vietnamese style and is different from the Indian or Thai style. The pho beef soup was average for better. Recommend if you're in the mood for pho noodles otherwise maybe try elsewhere.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have eaten here twice, but not again. I have friends that raved about it, so I thought maybe I'd hit it on a bad night the first time. Pho is supposed to be all about GOOD Vietnamese soup. This was disappointing. Others have written about inconsistently prepared food, inattentive and sometimes invasive waitstaff, food that was seriously over- or undercooked, and varying serving size on different trips. I would echo all these findings from my own experiences. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. I won't be back again.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Went several times over about a year's time in 2012 and 2013, hoping to find something just right, but it didn't happen. I've had good Vietnamese food, but this isn't it. The food was either seriously over cooked, under cooked (raw), or old (smelled spoiled and stale), and the size of the portions (of the same dish) would vary radically from one visit to the next. The waiters were friendly the first couple of times, but after that, became waaay too friendly, giving me no personal space whatsoever. At one point during a slow afternoon, a waiter pulled up a chair next to where I was trying to eat, sat down, and proceeded to talk to me throughout my entire meal! I did not invite him, he was not a personal friend, nor did I want him there, but I didn't want to be rude. I was alone, so I guess he felt entitled since I never saw any of the waiters (all male) do that to anyone else. During later visits when I hinted that I wanted to be left alone (by taking out a book), they (3 different ones) became rude, pushy, and insistent. I will never go back. I'm a nice, quiet person who minds my own business, tips generously, and is always polite. I work long hours and eat out a lot. They lost a good customer.
And by the way, TripAdvisor, I visited about 15 times over at least a year's time, for lunch and dinner (the menu is the same for both). There was no "one" visit, and this is relevant to this review. Why don't you include the option under "when did you visit" of saying it was for several visits and not just one since patterns are a reliable way to judge something?

Been to Blue Ginger Pho? Share your experiences!