Baymont Inn & Suites Tehachapi
Hotels.com
Ranch Motel(Tehachapi)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsla quinta hotelrefrigerator and microwaveone night stayallow petstrain noisewafflesclean roomsmountain valleytruck stopwould stay here againrailroad trackspleasant stayflat screencontinental breakfastnice staffdogstown
Reviewed April 6, 2009

This hotel is now a LA QUINTA HOTEL . It's been updated since I've last stayed there . Better now than before .. HOWEVER this past week end never could get any HOT WATER !!! Just lukewarm .. Mini breakfast leaves alot to be desired too .. Get a inside room . Right across from Railroad tracks AND train ran all night ...

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NoWurk
Reviewed November 28, 2008

Not the worst place I've ever ended up in, but I'll avoid it next time.

There was never any clean towels in the exercise room when I dropped in - only a pile of dirty ones, but the equipment was pretty good. The trash can in the exercise room was over flowing - I'm pretty sure it had the same empty beer bottle in it I'd seen the first night.

Considering it was next to the highway it was very quiet, I only noticed a few trains. I'm a light sleeper - at home the dog sneezing wakes me up.

The "coffee" at the breakfast was awful - like hot water dripped through burnt toast. I'd plan on eating somewhere else in the morning. Maybe I live too close to Seattle...

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2008

Remodeling is done and the place has upgraded into la quinta inn, new magement in, staff very friendly and good and long breakfast line, made my day. surely be back to visit next time.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank travel2009
Reviewed August 5, 2007

It would be good advice to stay away from this property until their remodeling project is completed. Our story is long and complicated so suffice it to say we had so many problems with the room that we were eventually given a king mini suite and not charged for it. The grounds are nice, the amenities are adequate for a Travelodge. They do allow dogs in some of the rooms which is great and there are plenty of spots to let your dogs do their duty. The property is near the train tracks but well insulated and we never heard a single train. The restaurant next door serves a good steak according to our friends who also stayed here. Location is at one end of town, but since there's not much in Tehachapi anyhow you aren't missing any excitement. I'd love to rant and rave about the awful things that happened to us here but since they did FINALLY upgrade us to a nice room and paid our bill I"ll refrain from complaining and just give the warning to wait till renovation is complete before you decide to stay here.

2  Thank DebbeyB
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We pre-booked rooms in January for July and were not told they were in the process of renovating. There was painting done on the second floor and the bathroom vanity was new but the tub and toilet were still old. The hallways were dirty with construction debris. Many rooms down the hall from us had open doors with made-up beds but seemed to be in the process of being renovated - although we saw no workers during our stay. A bit creepy walking down hallways with doors open and no people. Some hallways, like the ones to the outside pool, were very old. Also, the room numbers were stuck on the wall outside the door and kept falling off. Only packaged muffins and coffee for breakfast.

I would bypass this motel until renovations are completed - which could be some time.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends