See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 26, 2016

For the Tahoe area, most everything is rustic. That means not luxurious. You're in the mountains. This place is rustic. It was clean and well-appointed--for the Tahoe area. It's quaint and pleasant, but it is not fancy at all. The bed was not too good--valley in the middle (the sleeper sofa was awful.) The bedroom was very small--you had to squeeze by the dresser. The shower was narrow--but had good pressure and hot water. The wifi was terrible. It had poor strength and constantly dropped the connection. It did have a small fun kitchen. It is near a market, pizza place, Sugar Pine Point campground, and a short drive to Emerald Bay. Remember--it's Tahoe. Adjust your expectations.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2016 via mobile

We are a family of four (2 adults, 2 teens) with 2 dogs. We had a quick one-night stay on Dec. 23rd at cabin Aspen.
The bed in the loft was very comfortable and our girls slept nicely on the sofa bed. The lodge is small, but accommodated us just fine for the night. I think it would have been perfect for a couple and a dog... Their kitchen is super cute and came with coffee and tea.
We got snowed-in the next morning so Natalia graciously allowed us to do a late check-out. It was a nice visit!

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank sparkyspaxon
Reviewed December 6, 2015

I checked in late and she had my keys waiting. Unit was very clean and bed was comfortable. I love the small touches of high end soaps and towels. I also liked the fresh ground coffee grinder with Traders joes coffee.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brownard
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Some friends chose the Tahoma Lodge for July 4th weekend stay. I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, easy to find, close to a small market, near bike/walk path that went along Hwy 89. Close to Homewood, Sunnyside, and Meeks Bay. My friends liked having a small porch and nice cutlery for preparing meals. I slept on a futon, which I was sure was not going to being comfortable - I was wrong. Swimming pool looked clean. There is a fire pit on the property for sharing. I would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Alder cabin meant for two people-bedroom is not big. Can hold a third person, but no more.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank djjazzytiff
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Just returned from a great stay at the Tahoma Lodge on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe. While most other lodges have fallen in these hard times (several are now foreclosed), the Tahoma Lodge is still alive and well!

It has to be due to the outstanding customer service given by the manager, Natalia, or the wonderful owners (who's names escape me). They were fabulous in all aspects of providing a safe, warm, clean, and lovely setting for a relaxing weekend!

Yep...not the 4 Seasons, Westin etc. but WHY would one pay those prices? And let me ask...when you do pay that, do you get the owner, personally checking in the evening to be sure you have all you need and bringing coffee and mugs for the group? I don't think soooooo! Do yourself a favor and give a rustic cabin a try - after all, you are in old Tahoe! :)

Room Tip: The Aspen Cabin and apartment are right near the road/entrance however, those who have stayed there said that has not been a problem (noise).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family