“Tahoma is an incredible getaway for families and pets!”

Tahoma Meadows B&B Cottages
Ranked #1 of 2 Tahoma B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Welcome to your perfect escape. My sister, 13 year old daughter and I and our two dogs stayed in the Sugar Pine Cabin for 3 nights. We had a late check in and our cabin was already warm, fire going and ready for us. The kitchen was stocked withe everything you need to cook, even a colander, perfect wine glasses and extra blankets for every person. This roomy spacious two bedroom, two bathroom pet friendly cottage was the way to go. Uli and Dick were so friendly and welcoming. Fresh hot coffee in the morning and free (red or white) wine and snacks in the evening. A perfect location for anyone wanting to explore the west side of Tahoe. Blackwood Canyon Loop trail was a perfect hike (3 miles) to stretch your legs and take in the gorgeous changing trees. And to top it all off, we had snow in the morning to wake up to. Each day our beds were made and trash taken out and fresh towels. This is a true gem of a place, run by wonderful people.
Do not hesitate. You have found a wonderful hideaway.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 11, 2010

Lovely cottage tucked in the woods above Lake Tahoe. Great breakfast! Best of all, the service by the owners was extraordinary. I had forgotten my camera battery charger and the owner spent considerable time with me on the phone, after I had already checked out and was 10 miles down the road, helping me locate a photo shop to purchase another one. I would call that service above and beyond the required. And did I mention the great breakfast???

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We spent 6 nights in The Tree House whilst we explored the area around Lake Tahoe and relaxed at the lovely Meekes Bay. The setting was pretty and we enjoyed lying in the hammock whilst another member of the family barbequed. The cabin was quite adequate but rather small for 2 adults and 2 teenegers even though it was advertised as suitable for 4-6 people. When they say 'full kitchen' be aware that this does not include a washing machine and there are no laundry facilities on site. The nearest launderette is in Tahoe City (not a city at all but small town) which was a bit of a waste of a morning for us to get our clothes washed. The bathroom is downstairs and there was no working lock on the door nor did it stay closed so we pushed a chair up against it - fine as we are a family but could be tricky if you are a group of friends. The double bed upstairs was small and the person on the far side had to almost crawl in as the ceiling is at an angle at the end of the bed and the 2 beds in the room beside were single and rather creaky.
We would recommend this accommodation or a young family or for one or two nights otherwise. We seemed to stay for longer than other visitors who were often there for one night only. From here we hired bikes in Tahoe City and cycled along the Truckee River to Squaw Valley for a very reasonable price, swam and kayaked from Meekes Bay, walked down to Emerald Bay (do this very early in the day as it gets too busy to park), drove to Reno (yuk) and Carson City and generally explored. 3 or 4 days would have been enough.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We love Tahoma Meadow B&B, we use it several times a year as a overflow service for guests visiting the area that we can't squeeze into in our cabin. We stayed in their cozy cabins before we purchased our own and were always more than pleased. I was blown
away when I read the review "Shaunaq" wrote when I went to book friends recently. We
were in Tahoma the weekend the dog went missing. These people are way off base! I agree with the person from Sacramento....leave your dog at home! The owners and about 12 other people were out looking for the dog well after midnight. We could here them calling. They went door to door (mine included) they even had neighbors along with all their family and employees looking. The notices were posted within the hour. It's unfortunate that this event took place, but even more unfortunate that a review like that can taint such a lovelyB&B. I promise you I will send my friends and family without hesitation!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Shuanaj needs to grow up…Unbelievable! Would you please take responsibility for your own actions and your pet. When is it the role of the B&B owner to watch your dog? Maybe you can say the “dog watcher” was in error, but what about leaving your dog at home if you can’t take care of it? Or maybe stay home yourself!

The Tahoma Meadows B&B is a lodge not a kennel! I love this place and so does my dog that I take full responsibility for.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This was the 3rd Bed & Breakfast that my husband & I have stayed at (an anniversary tradition for us that we started with our 1st anniversary, this was anniversary #3). Each bed & breakfast that we have stayed at has been amazing, but this was our favorite so far. We loved the stand alone cottage and the breakfast had so many choices and was absolutely delicious! When we called to reserve the room, we had another choice in mind, but the girl recommended us to the Mountain Hideaway for just a little bit more. She said it was more secluded. The only concern that I had was because that was one of the pet friendly rooms, and fleas for some reason love my husband. But she assured me that they clean their rooms thoroughly and that they have never had an issue with fleas or with pet allergies, so we went ahead and booked the Mountain Hideaway instead. It was a great move! We loved the room. We loved the fact that it was stand alone, and it was the last cabin on their property. The room was perfect. To be honest, the only negative thing that I can say, is that the bathroom is a little on the small side. But it was clean and enjoyable just the same, not a deal breaker in our opinion.

Before arriving to the Tahoma Meadows, I printed out their restaurant recommendation list, and we stopped at West Side Pizza before checking in. We didn't want to fill up too much because were were going on the dinner cruise on the M.S. Dixie in just a couple of hours. This was a great recommendation, West Side Pizza. We just had 2 of their appetizers, and ended up taking half of one of them back with us.

The staff at Tahoma Meadows was very nice and offered to help us with any plans for the day, but we were set (the main thing we wanted to do was the dinner cruise, other than that we just wanted to drive around the lake and relax, nothing big). They want to make each and every guest comfortable and feel important, and I believe that they accomplish that every day. When we return to Tahoe, this is at the top of our list on where to stay! The only thing holding us back would be wanting to leave bed & breakfasts for our anniversaries. But my husband has already said that he would love to stay at Tahoma Meadows if we ever return to the area other than an anniversary.

We definitely recommend Tahoma Meadows to anyone staying in the Tahoe area. It's a quiet area, away from all the busyness of South Tahoe. Some might say that the price is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for, which is more than I can say for many hotels in that same price range. You get a GREAT private room, a GREAT breakfast, and a GREAT staff! What more can we ask for?

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Wonderful place & owners!! I couldn't have asked for a better more cozy comfortable place to stay. Ulli & Dick & Linda were absolutly wonderful. Everything was clean & cozy & the sticky buns & omeletes were 5 star! See you on my next trip!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tahoma
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
#4 of 7 in Tahoe City
The Landing Resort & Spa
The Landing Resort & Spa
#4 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Tahoma Meadows B&B Cottages? Share your experiences!