“Awesome”

Mourelatos Cable Car Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Tahoe Vista
Description: CLOSED FOR THE WINTER. We'll re-open Summer 2019. An ice cream shop located within the Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort in Tahoe Vista CA that provides ice cream cones, sundeas, malts and shakes.
Reviewed December 9, 2016

Best ice cream... Really cute place. Easy, fast fun place to take kids, faimily, date... Whatever. Enjoy the ice cream

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Lynn F

Reviewed November 2, 2016

Sit outside on a warm sunny afternoon at picnic tables. share an ice cream cone, with excellent flavors and a good value. We always stop here on the way to or from somewhere. A real treat

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank calsun99
Reviewed September 6, 2016

Wonderful flavors and HUGE servings of ice cream in a cone or cup! The servers are friendly and the outside seating is a fantastic view of Lake Tahoe across the street!

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

we stopped here for ice cream one day in Tahoe and we really enjoyed it. The waffle cones were amazing and the ice cream was great, we really loved the mocha almond crunch (I think that's the name anyway). The only thing is that there's not a huge selection of flavours but that's to be expected in such a tiny little ice cream shop which is very cute and rustic.

Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Hot summer day, first stop after a day of kayaking and the beach would be ICE CREAM!! We chose this place cause everytime we drove by there is always a line. We decided to order milk shakes instead. We were given our milk shakes with out straws so I searched around thinking straws were somewhere and it was self service. At quick glances I didn't find the straws and ask for them and the clerk said, sorry we don't have any straws. We ran out! WTH!! I gave her the, "well it would have been nice if you told me BEFORE I ordered 2 milk shakes. How are we to drink it." Her response was just to slurp it down! This review would have gotten more points but...shake wasn't good enough and definitely upsetting trying to slurp ice cream. I kick myself for not going back and demanding my money back or at least have them give me cones instead. Now...realizing that this is the only ice cream place around for miles explains why there are long lines during the hot summer heat. Hopefully they get Smart enough and learn to stock up on straws or learn to be honest and forward people if they order shakes and there are no straws!