“We had a great time!”

Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 24, 2012

It's a beautiful lodge and a nice place to stay. They have a great staff and great activities. They have a full kitchen stocked with pots, dishes, etc. It's close to the grocery store and restaurants. It's also close to the North Lake Tahoe ski resorts and casinos.

• Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I own two bi-annual timeshare intervals at this resort, plus I frequently trade into the resorts when I have deposits available. This particular stay was on a trade through RCI. I own several timeshares in the Lake Tahoe area, and this is my favorite. This location is in Tahoe Vista (right next to Kings Beach) which is on the north side of Lake Tahoe, and is the area that I find most enjoyable and relaxing. I have been going to Red Wolf for about 10 years, and frequently several times per year. I find the staff to be super friendly and always responsive to my requests and needs. I love the location of the common area around the pool and lounge area, and this overlooks the lake directly and is probably less than 100 feet from lake's edege. In addition there is a beach area and pier right at the lake. Safeway is only about 300 yards away, across the street, and walking distance for me. Rooms are moderate in size and furnished to be rustic in appearance, but generally modern. On my departure evaluation I mentioned that I thought the next upgrade should be to add flat screen TV's as my TV was somewhat grainey; TV channel selection is adequate. There are usually about two listed group activities each day, although I only attended the first day breakfast and resort introduction. There are several public beach parks nearby that I frequently walk to and enjoy. I was there in early April 2012 and it snowed several days. I am not a skiier but there were several staying at the resort who evidently were based upon their appearance and ski equipment. The snow kept me indoors more than I wanted but that is just mother nature. All rooms seem to be equipped with all essentials for a weeks stay. Hint: Turn in your resort evaluation by Thursday afternoon and enter to win a free two day stay in the future.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with lakeview, but they are usually grabbed first by resort owners with early res...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was our first stay at Red Wolf Lakeside, and I know we'll be back! We can't wait visit in the summer too! The resort is clean, well kept and the staff is so helpful. The location cannot be beat. Snow shoes and sleds were included in our stay! In the summer, paddle boats & kayaks are included. The kids kids loved the activities provided by the resort. We saved money by eating in for a few meals. The kitchen was well stocked. If you're thinking of visiting Tahoe, you won't be disappointed with your visit here

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I'd loved staying here! I had an upstairs, lake view one-bedroom unit. So comfortable. There was snow at the beginning of the week then it warmed up some and became windy. The waves on the lake were choppy. All of this I could see from my windows and balconies. I went in the spa everyday. The resort provided comfy robes and big towels. Great staff. Thanks so much.

Room Tip: They have studios, one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We are right in the middle of our stay at Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, and could not wait until end to write review - we are staying in studio - much bigger than expected. Staff is some of the best - love Erin and Kelly - they help with any possible need we have, from places to go, places to snowboard, to how to get the most out of our resort.

Red Wolf is also right on the water, and we are hoping to come back in the summer to enjoy the gorgeous pool, jacuzzis, BBQ setup, and free (did I say free) kayaks and paddleboats provided to us, as guests. In the wintertime, they offer snowshoes and/or sleds for free to check out - We will be back!

Room Tip: Not sure - we had a really good room - studio was enough for 2 of us, complete with stove, full refr...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in early October using his parents' timeshare. The room was pretty and well-maintained. The kitchen was fully furnished and we saved a lot of $$$ by eating in. There was a gas fireplace in each unit but no AC. Our room was located halfway between the road and the lake. At first we thought we were getting a lakefront unit but we were not that lucky.

CONS: The units are separated by walls and most had their own porches. Ours, however, shared a porch with the unit on our left. We stayed there a week and we were unfortunate to have a very noisy couple staying next to us. It was warm on our first night so we opened all the windows before we went to bed. Around 10PM we were woken up by the people staying next to our room as well as the ones across from us. The couple staying next to us would get out at 6AM each morning, banging the front door and talking at the top of their lungs, and that's what we would wake up to every morning during our entire stay. It rained and snowed while we were there and a puddle formed in front of our noisy neighbor's front steps. Because of that, they would cross over to our side of the porch and use our steps all the time and their heavy elephant steps further added to our annoyance.

PROS: Location - The hotel is in the north shore and is very close to the Nevada stateline. A lot of hiking trails are close by, the closest being the Stateline Lookout. A bike trail running along Truckee River is also a few miles away. Safeway is a minute-walk as well as some restaurants like Lanza's and Hero Sushi. Recreational Amenities - 3 picninc spots with bbq grill, one at the lake shore. There were 2 hot tubs and a swimming pool. Kayaks are also provided. There are washing machines in the maintenance quarters and I think guests are free to use them.

Overall, a good stay. Hopefully Red Wolf would soundproof the units and install a fan if not an AC so windows could be kept closed even on warm days.

Room Tip: Get a unit with its own porch.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vcarolina
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Just a short stay this time. Wish we would have had some snow, but the weather was beautiful. We love to come here because the staff is always so friendly and helpful. The room we had this time was a 2 bedroom and it was really comfortable. Everything we needed and the new bedding was great. Even if you can't spend a week here, you'll enjoy every moment you can! A special thanks to Erin and Trini for everything they do to make sure we have a great time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino
Franciscan Lakeside Lodge
Franciscan Lakeside Lodge
#7 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge? Share your experiences!