“Excellent”

The Rustic Lounge at Cedar Glen Lodge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Rustic Lounge, is an Award Winning restaurant and wine bar that offers a unique dining experience for the guests of Cedar Glen Lodge while providing the local community a casual fine dining experience. The menu features seasonal offerings ranging from classically-inspired entrees to festive fusions. An adjacent wine bar and cozy fireplace will entice the outdoor enthusiasts as well as those simply looking for a relaxing environment to unwind and reflect on the day. Both the restaurant and bar offer stunning views of beautiful Lake Tahoe.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Delicious food, friendly staff. The vegetarian options are just a few, but every single bite was heavenly.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

With a beautiful view of Lake Tahoe, the Rustic Lounge at Cedar Glen Lodge offers gourmet meals with an amazing view in a relaxed setting. The food was mouth-watering, and the kitchen was extremely considerate, sending out a free appetizer of delicious, spiced peppers due to a longer than normal wait for my husband's chicken entree. The wait truly wasn't as long as we were expecting, so the appetizer was a delightful bonus! The meal was perfect, and the Meyer Lemon Cheesecake was simply amazing. The wait staff could not have been more attentive. The dining room was hopping, yet the wait staff kept the atmosphere relaxed and happy. A five-star experience all around for us.

1  Thank Donna T
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We had a fabulous dinner at the Rustic Lounge. All of our dinners were wonderfully prepared...the duck, chicken and scallops. And, the desserts were to die for. Great wine selection and only a $15.00 corkage fee. Service was great.

This is one of the best in the Reno/Truckee/Tahoe region.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

The food was so delicious, I probably moaned in bliss through much of the meal. I wish I lived closer so I could try everything on the menu. I wanted tuna as my entree, but they were out, so I had scallops instead. They were cooked perfectly. I started with a Caesar salad, which was great, but I want to try their shrimp and grits. Several of the dishes included bacon as an added flavor or garnish, including the dessert I wanted, but by request they left it off my entree'. I must be the last person on the planet that doesn't like bacon. Good wine selection and excellent bread.

(My only small complaint would be that my server largely ignored me from the beginning, possibly because I was eating alone; didn't hear the specials, etc. explained at other tables.)

Next Tahoe trip will include a meal to Rustic Lounge, I look forward to it. Props to the chef and the entire crew.

1  Thank Carrie F
Martha B, Owner at The Rustic Lounge at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, dear Carrie F! I am so glad you loved our food. And yes, you definitely have to come back and try other dishes. I am very sorry you felt ignored by the server. Since I sat down with you, she didn't want to disturb our conversation and felt it more polite to wait for your daughter before letting you know the specials.

Thanks again and please come see us soon!

Martha

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed at Cedar Glen lodge in April 2014, and had dinner at the Rustic lounge during our stay. From my past experience at Lake Tahoe, it has not been easy to find more sophisticated dining options that also have a decent vegetarian selection. So having the rusting lounge right in our hotel was an exciting prospect.

We ordered the soup, a 3-cheese tray, the truffled fries, and a salad. Not on the menu, but available was a bowl of sauteed shishito peppers as well, which we also ordered after seeing a nearby table enjoying them. For the entree, we had the gnocchi with the hedgehog mushrooms.

All in all, we enjoyed the food and service. The gnocchi was good but not great, but everything else was very good. The service was attentive and prompt, and we had a memorable experience. The shishito peppers were superb, and novel for us as we have never had anything like this before.

1  Thank BlueArcus

Thank you so much for your feedback! Dining with us can definitely be a culinary adventure. Our chefs work really hard to make sure that their dishes meet our guests' expectations.

Thanks again and hope to see you back soon!

Martha