“Delicious!”

The Rustic Lounge at Cedar Glen Lodge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Rustic Lounge, is an Award Winning restaurant and wine bar that offers a unique dining experience for the guests of Cedar Glen Lodge while providing the local community a casual fine dining experience. The menu features seasonal offerings ranging from classically-inspired entrees to festive fusions. An adjacent wine bar and cozy fireplace will entice the outdoor enthusiasts as well as those simply looking for a relaxing environment to unwind and reflect on the day. Both the restaurant and bar offer stunning views of beautiful Lake Tahoe.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ate at the Rustic Lounge our first night at Cedar Glen Lodge. We didn't get to sit in the restaurant, as it is so popular that it was booked for the evening, but we got to sit at the Wine Bar with a great view of the lake. I'm a vegetarian and there were a couple of options, and I was very happy with both my choices. My husband is a carnivore and was more than happy with his filet mignon...said it was more than delicious....perfectly prepared. The wine list was also excellent. The desserts looked fabulous, but we were stuffed from our excellent dinner. Whether you stay at Cedar Glen Lodge (which I suggest you do) or not, you should dine at Rustic Lounge.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have had the great pleasure to dine at the Rustic Lounge twice. June and then just this past Sunday evening.

June: There were 4 of us. Ordered several appetizers. Bread was killer. My filet Mignon was the best ever..EVER. Cooked as ordered, beautifully presented. The other 3 in my party had scallops, meatloaf burger, and steak salad. Deserts were also great..can't remember the names. Great service.

July: Three of us for this outing. I had the chicken with roasted root vegetables and pureed potatoes. Chicken can be boring (Martha :o) )..best chicken I have ever had. We also had the heirloom salad..excellent. Two others in my party had scallops, and salmon. Both were very impressed. No desert.

Expect great service. Martha (owner) will come around and visit. Very warm and fuzzy, great sense of humor. Wait staff very helpful and knowledgable.

The only con is that they need more tables :o).

Will visit often and recommend to friends.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a great meal at the Rustic Lounge while we were staying at Cedar Glen Lodge. The restaurant is small and the clientele was very friendly, so we ended up visiting with everyone sitting around us. It was a fun evening, and the food was delicious. A great way to end the day at Lake Tahoe.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay here. The location was exactly what we wanted, and even though I had no time to visit the beach or use the pool, it was close to everything else we needed. The accommodations and continental breakfast service were perfect for our needs. Unfortunately, we were not able to sit for dinner in the restaurant, which I heard had great reviews. I loved sitting by the open fire pit on the premises in the evening, and then being able to walk a few feet to the lounge from our cabin for a late nightcap! Perhaps next time when I visit from the Bay Area I will try all the amenities Cedar Glen has to offer!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just returned from dinner and wanted to write my review with my satisfied tummy doing the happy dance!!
To begin with the restaurant and lounge are beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Alan and or Martha are there to welcome their guest.
I'll get right to the point: The food is wonderful, beginning with the house made Italian bread, served warm with parmesan pepper butter. I ordered the Baby Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata and DH ordered the Caesar Salad (he had the salad 3 nights ago when we arrived and ate a light meal at the bar). I couldn't believe that the tiny yummy tomatoes were actually peeled! I asked to make sure and was told it was a chef secret how they do it! The Caesar Salad has a spicy creamy dressing that my husband loved. My entree was the Seattle Scallops with Bacon, Asparagus, Brown Butter and Creamy Cauliflower. 3 large scallops were done perfectly. The asparagus was tender and smokey and the cauliflower was ultra creamy. The Seared Ahi that my husband had was at least and inch or more thick. They fly the fish in twice a week from Hawaii. Be aware that the Ahi is seared on the outside edges and served raw and cold in the middle. DH said it was perfectly done. It came with a lovely basil sauce (also served cold). DH said the green tea rice and the mixed radish salad were very good. I have to say we were too full to order dessert. However, since we're staying at the lodge there will be s'mores out by the fire pit tonight and we will return for dessert at the restaurant tomorrow night and also enjoy a dessert wine!
I scored high for romance but have to say the dining room was noisey when we were there for a 6:30pm reservation with two large parties and a family with children enjoying themselves.

1  Thank napiligal