“Pleasant stay near lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rustic Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tahoe Vista
Rustic Cottages
Southern California
“Pleasant stay near lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

2 dads and 2 sons stayed here while in Tahoe for a fishing trip. We had one of the larger cabins and it worked out fine. The kids loved being near the beach (but across a busy road) and the complimentary brownies. It was simple, clean and the owners are nice. I would stay here again. Free breakfast and wifi.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

These Rustic Cottages were a wonderful find this past weekend. The owner, Marshall was very kind and helpful to us and hooked us up at the last minute with some very nice accomodations. These cottages and houses are all very well kept up and very clean and have a really friendly atmosphere. The breakfast was great and there were coffee and cookies offered all day in the office. The location is right in town and right across from beach access, very close to hiking, and very close to grocery stores, restaraunts, and shops. Can't say enough about Rustic Cottages and I will be back soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HaraldCalifornia
Alhambra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

After a very bad experience with attempting to rent a cottage at another location nearby, we were happy to have found the Rustic Cottages. The desk clerk, Kathy, treated us so incredibly well and with respect that we were very impressed. My wife and kids loved the place, especially the fireplace. The beds were comfortable and having a kitchen was such a plus. The free movies and popcorn, brownies, and other treats were awesome. We travel very often and have not been treated so well anywhere else. breakfast was very good. Fresh homemade food, instead of the usual powered eggs and stale muffins and bagels. Although we didn't have an opportunity to use the BBQ grill on the porch, we will use it the next time we go again. We look forward to staying at the Rustic again later this year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank martinp727
Angwin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Rustic Cottages provided us with really great, clean, comfortable, lodgings for a great price and lots of extra amenities. Immediately across the road from Tahoe, we had a bit of lake view from our little front porch and bedroom window. We were also the cabin nearest the road, and while we could hear the traffic, it was not bothersome. For those preferring a quieter cottage, there are are more toward the back of the property. The cottages are simple but very well maintained, and Rustic Cottages offered us lots of extras like the baked goodies in the office, the 500 movies to borrow, and a more-than-continental breakfast in the charming lodge each morning. AND we got free lift tickets for Donner Ski Ranch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GrinningOwl
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying at Rustic Cottages several times and have rented one of the cottages, houses and a room. All of the times I've stayed I've been REALLY happy with my stay and accomodations.

BIRDHOUSE: My family and friends and I have rented the Birdhouse for New Year's Eve a couple of times and have loved it. The house is always clean, the towels and sheets are pressed and crisp, plenty of room for roaming around and hijinx, also close enough to the main Rustic area to get waffles and oj in the morning before hittng the slopes. One of the best things is how incredibly stupid cheap it is to rent the place. Don't tell the owners this or they might raise the price but compared to most vacation rentals in the area it's almost half the normal cost.

Cottages: I can't remember the name of the cottage we rented but I know it slept 4. It was a little crowded I admit for 4 people but I think that's because some of the people snored and the rest didnt lol. Everything was clean and in order no complaints from me.

PROS: Every morning you can make your own waffles, I think they have cereal too. It's easy to carb up before hitting the slopes and this really saves you money and time. ALSO when you get back from the slopes they ALWAYS have homemade chocolate chip cookies nom nom nom soooo nummers. Our ski groups always love Rustic because there is so much more to do than ski or snowboard. It's centrally located so people can go snoe shoeing, sledding or just walk along the lake. Dogs are welcome (however beware the dog friendly cabins are a little more worn from puppy love). Free movie rentals also. Okay so the movies are like 20 brajillion years old but hey its something and they have a lot of movies where you go "oh yeah I remember that one let's watch it again."

CONS: No casinos close by so the gamblers anonymous people have to go somewhere else. It's also on Northside so not a big party scene but honestly I'm too old and grumpy to want to party until I black out.

Although this place may not have state of the art junk it's comfy and the front desk people always treat you like you're an old friend. I think it's a steal for all of the good free stuff you get and can't help but smile when I think of Rustic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Esther C
Davis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed with my boyfriend in one of the cottages and it greatly exceeded our expectations! We were well taken care of and utilized the DVD rental (and popcorn!), ping pong table, free delicious breakfast, and hot tub. The cottage was perfect size for 2 of us and includes a fridge and microwave which is convenient. The location is perfect-- right across from a small beach area which is perfect for morning sunrise viewing. Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AmyN19
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Labor day weekend 2012. We spent a mini-honeymoon in Lake Tahoe and saw the Rustic Cottage as an affordable way to spend time together and bring our dog. It was smart, quiet and cozy. I wanted to do something special for my wife and called the owner who was awesome to work with. He helped me get everything I asked in the cottage for a surprise for my new bride. They were always happy to help whether my requests or the requests of a family staying there.

We saw it as an affordable way to stay in a perfect sized cottage, but it was SOO much more than that. The cottages have everything you need in a quaint setting within walking distance to the beach, restaurants and store. The owners were wonderful and the food in the morning was great.

I can't thank them enough for going out of their way to make our mini-honeymoon very enjoyable and memorable. Thanks Marshall!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
#5 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort
Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort
#4 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Rustic Cottages? Share your experiences!