Immediately upon walking into the reception area, it is easy to sense this family's pride in their hotel... You are directly across the street from the lake with several restaurants and a pizza place within walking distance. All of kings beach is within walking distance for those with a bit more energy, or literally a 1 minute drive. North Shore casinos are maybe a 3 minute drive. Tahoe City is about a 10 minute drive.
If you are browsing for a place to stay in or near Kings Beach, and you want a clean, quiet and safe location, this is your place. There are a TON of Slum-Lord ownd 'motels' in Kings Beach that are DIRTY and DISGUSTING. The Firelight is the exact opposite as it is clean, was recently remodeled and run by a very nice and attentive family that want you to enjoy their property as much as they do.
They also have a small cabin for rent for families or larger groups (call and ask about availability) that my family (3 adults & 3 children) stayed in and it was BEAUTIFUL!
Last thing here... If you can get a top floor room, you will have an unobstructed view of the sunset over Lake Tahoe... Sitting up on a top balcony with a glass of wine watching the colors fade from blue to pink to yellow, purple,violet and beyond was the highlight of getting to stay with Pete and Beata at the Firelite Lodge.
Great for summer beach trips to Tahoe (Stand Up Paddleboard and kayak rentals across the street) and a great location for snowboarding whether you will ride Northstar, Diamond peak, Squaw, Alpine or Homewood... Great access to all of the North Shore!
For 'fitness center' you can walk across the street and rent paddleboards, they rent bikes in the summer or just walk up the street behind the lodge and hike to your heart's content through the regional park... You can even reach the Tahoe Rim Trail if you are extremely ambitious.
Love this place and I look forward to returning as it is the only place we will stay on the north shore!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Firelite Lodge resides directly across from a sandy beach and small marina, allowing our guests great views and access to Lake Tahoe. Kayak, Stand-Up Paddle board rental and sailing school/rental located at the beach. North Tahoe Regional Park is located less than 1 mile from the lodge. Great starting point to hiking and mountain biking. Mountain bike rental located at the property. Outdoor hot spa and seasonal swimming pool. All guest rooms are equipped with gas fireplaces, microwave ovens, refrigerators, coffee makers, 42" TV's with premium programming: 5 HBO and 4 ESPN channels, Blue-Ray DVD players. Bathrooms include full size tub/shower combination and hair dryer. WiFi and Continental Breakfast is included in our room rate. 100% Non smoking lodge. No pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Firelite Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firelite Hotel Tahoe Vista
- Firelite Motel Tahoe Vista