Stayed Friday and Saturday nights over MLK day weekend on the second level (room 17). The room was SUPER clean and obviously recently refurbished (very faint smell of paint, everything looking brand new and some unfinished wood trim).
We had everything we needed: reliable and easily accessible wi-fi, microwave, fridge, coffee maker. The continental breakfast was perfect: coffee, hot cocoa, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, waffles that you make yourself, fruit, muffins. The beds are comfortable too and you get lots of pillows!
Our room did not have a view, but most of the rooms seemed to have a fantastic view of the lake and mountains. The room was heated by a gas fireplace controlled by the thermostat and it worked great. Front desk staff are friendly and professional. Location is close to ski resorts. Lots of restaurants and safeway nearby if you need groceries.
I must say, you have GOT to visit the little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant next door to the hotel called El Sancho's -- it was AWESOME.
The one and only con (and reason for the 4 stars) is that the walls are thin. We could hear our neighbor's TV (I'm sure it was turned up pretty loud) while we were trying to sleep. Luckily I had earplugs which worked great!
For the price, I expected much less, but was VERY pleasantly surprised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Firelite Lodge resides directly across from a sandy beach and small marina, allowing our guests great views and access to Lake Tahoe. Kayak, Stand-Up Paddle board rental and sailing school/rental located at the beach. North Tahoe Regional Park is located less than 1 mile from the lodge. Great starting point to hiking and mountain biking. Mountain bike rental located at the property. Outdoor hot spa and seasonal swimming pool. All guest rooms are equipped with gas fireplaces, microwave ovens, refrigerators, coffee makers, 42" LCD TV with premium programming: 5 HBO and 4 ESPN channels, Blue-Ray DVD players. WiFi and Continental Breakfast is included in our room rate. 100% Non smoking lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Firelite Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Firelite Hotel Tahoe Vista
- Firelite Motel Tahoe Vista