“Awesome Snowmobiling Experience”

Tahoe Adventure Company
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Tahoe Vista
More attraction details
Owner description: Tahoe Adventure Company offers kayak and stand up paddle board rentals and delivery service in North Lake Tahoe and Truckee. In addition, we offer kayak, stand up paddle board, bike, hike, snowshoe, and multisport guided adventures in the Lake Tahoe and Truckee areas. Custom Corporate Teambuilding, Outdoor Education, and Backpacking Programs also available!
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I booked a snowmobiling tour with Tahoe Adventure and it was awesome! The staff was fun the snowmobiles were is great condition and we had a blast!!!

All reviews
"granola bars"
"interesting information"
"starting point"
in 3 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"a lot of fun"
in 4 reviews
"great view of the lake"
"nice spread"
"tahoe"
in 33 reviews
"abilities"

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This review is for the Star tour kayak adventure (~$75 per person).

Got this as part of my boyfriend's birthday gift. We kayaked on Lake Tahoe at sunset. Tahoe Adventure Co. provided suits to try to stay dry in. But you can still get wet so bring a change of clothes so you're not in wet clothes at night since it's freezing. After we got suited up, they gave us a quick demo on how to kayak.

The kayak portion of the tour was fine. We learned a little about the history of Lake Tahoe. And it was nice to get out on the water. You can see the Sierras aglow.

Back on the shore they provided us with some snacks. The snacks (granola bars and cookies) were good as we worked up an appetite. The warm drinks (tea and hot chocolate) were the best in the cold weather.

But my favorite part was the star tour. What can I say? I love it when people talk nerdy to me! We got a quick orientation by a very knowledgeable guide. He was able to answer all my questions. More impressively, he was able to answer all my boyfriend's questions. Yes, he's THAT guy on the tour that tends to ask a staff member a question that they don't know :P But I digress.

Telescopes were set up for us. We saw tons of shooting stars, planets, and the milky way galaxy. We talked stars, comets, meteors, light years, human history, etc. My kind of night :)

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had the opportunity to take a trip with Tahoe Adventure Company this past weekend. I was absolutely blown away by the experience, the level of expertise of the guide and the service. Hiking, biking and water sports - we did it all and ....it was so much fun! Our guide even provided a delicious lunch right on the bank of beautiful Lake Tahoe. I will always use Tahoe Adventure Company when I am in the area. Ask for Robin - she was a fabulous guide!

1  Thank Ali B
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Awesome! Did the kayak tour of the East side of the lake. Chase was a great guide and so personable. We went off season so it was just my boyfriend and me on the tour. Chase let us kind of decide where we wanted to go and took some great pictures of us along the way. We had a wonderful deli lunch as well. The day was sunny and warm and the water was clear and calm. It was perfect! We would definitely recommend this to anyone!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was a great experience, kayaking and star gazing. We kayaked first which was a fun experience and we then went back to shore for some warm refreshments and a great presentation about the stars, planets, galaxy & universe. There were 2 large telescopes set up on the shore of Lake Tahoe that we were able to use to see Saturn and its rings as well as things outside of our galaxy and beyond the Milky Way. It was a great afternoon & evening.

2  Thank GKfuntravel