All reviewspaddle boardswater trampolinebeach toysvaulted ceilingsice cream shoplake tahoeacross the streetprivate beachlakefront roomnorth shorelounge chairsbottom floorfire pithot tubping pongextended familygorgeous views
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here with my family and usually we have a hard time because we are 4kids and 2 parent family. No problem here! Our room was ready for us and a bucket of water by the door, which was great since its right on the lake! The staff was super helpful and the rental of the water toys was super convenient!! We are definitely coming back! We didn't spend alot of time in the room, other than to sleep and shower but it was just what we needed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our family (consisting of 17) books 4 rooms with kitchens at Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort every year. We can't say enough good things about the Mourelatos. They are a wonderful, friendly, helpful family who take pride in their resort. There is nothing bad to say about this place except that we only get to stay for 10 days every year. And we've met some wonderful, fun people there and see them yearly when we return. Given a choice one year between Disneyland and Mourelatos....our 9 grandchildren chose Mourelatos. Enough said.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I picked this hotel based on their advertisement of lake view room, private beach, “premium bedding, Egyptian cotton linens”, and “deep soaking bathtub”. My room was five rooms back from the beach, but the windows facing the courtyard are canted 30 degrees toward the beach justifying the “lake view” exaggeration in the advertisement. The private beach is beautiful, but it was too cold that day for us to enjoy it. The bedding is not premium and if they are 100% Egyptian cotton linens, they were very very well worn. The “deep soaking bathtub” was just a normal fiberglass insert. I was also taken aback by the check-in. No “Welcome!” or “Where are you from?” The clerk was preoccupied with something else and only wanted to see my credit card and driver’s license which she very carefully studied for minutes making me feel like a crook waiting for her verdict. I’m sure they’ve had problems with bad credit cards, but I had paid for the room in advance with a credit card, so they had my number on file if there was an issue. Another minor item was the absence of a remote control for the TV, which to me is an indicator of poor quality control of the cleaning team. On the good side, the bathroom was recently re-done and was very clean and nice. Oh, by the way,I went to check out early on Monday morning and but sign on the office door said they don’t open until 0900, so, if you want to talk to someone early in the morning, you’ll have to wait for them to get up or call an emergency number.

Room Tip: "Lake view" can mean almost anything in this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MalcolmandSirius
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I was very happy I found this little gem on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. It's in a quiet part of Tahoe Vista, and it has its own beach with the softest stand I've ever felt between my toes! I stayed in Room 123, on the second floor on the west wing. There was a wall of windows that looked out onto my patio/deck area, the beach, and Lake Tahoe beyond. My room was large with vaulted ceilings, and even a refrigerator and sink.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, and I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Tahoe. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Booked 10 rooms May 18-19/2012. Everyone was amazed with the ambiance and the likeability of the Mourelatos. Beautiful views and laid back environment. Many rooms have kitchens and grills are available so picnicking and eating on the premises is easy and fun for a crowd. The staff is wonderful at all times.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends