“Great Beach Getaway”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
CA
“Great Beach Getaway”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Mourelatos was a great experience and can’t wait to go back. I gave it a 5 star for its’ 2 star rating.

Room:
The room was fine and plenty of space for the 3 of us. Bathrooms were very small and if you are on the bottom floor then you will hear creaking from the upstairs room, but besides that it was great. We asked for a toaster in our room, which already had a mini frig and microwave. Great for making waffles, toast etc, for the morning. The beds were very comfortable too.

The location can’t be beat and the pictures don’t lie. The staff was great and very helpful. The beach was so nice with beach chairs and umbrellas. There is a water trampoline, rafts, kayaks, sand toys, hammock and a propane fire pit. There is also bbq’s that you can use during your stay. I can’t say enough about this place…I will be back for sure.
The ice cream shack across the street is owned by the resort and is great to have a snack in the evenings. Love the bistro table and chairs outside each room. Door was left open a lot during the day and evening…I always felt safe and I am a single mom traveling with my kids.

Local Area/Restaurants:

Safeway is located within 1 mile away and very convenient.
Caliente Mexican Restaurant –We ate in the restaurant and found it very pricy and the food was not very good. There was a great balcony for the bar area and that looked nice, but I would not go back for dinner.

Jiffy’s Pizza was very close and you could walk to it but we had it delivered….very good.

Captain Jon’s – again very pricey but it was delish! Had the rib-eye steak and it was so tender and tasty with great service. In the summer the larger part of the restaurant is closed, so we ate at the smaller place on the water where the bar is located. I had my 2 kids there (10 & 11) and even though it looked more for adults they didn’t treat me any different and they did have a kids menu (it was not advertised).

Char-Pit - Good tasty burgers

Miniature Golfing – Went to Carnelian Bay and found a new golf place that the kids loved. There was one in King Beach too, but the one in Carnelian Bay looked newer and nicer.

Northstar Village - Nice day trip to walk around. They have roller skate rentals during the summer and ice skating during the winter.

This was a wonderful trip and we hated to leave. I can’t wait to go back. This was just a great place and location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cruiser101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Reviewed April 24, 2011

From when we first arrived at the resort, it's has a amazing setting. The lady at front desk was very nice she gave me suggestions on places to eat and ski. When we walked in the door to our room, they only words that could come out of me were "WOW", the room smell very clean, fireplace had kept room warm before our arrival. Everything was perfectly in order, beds were nicely made, bathroom was extremely clean with towels foled to perfection, you could just tell the housekeeper takes a lot a lot pride and time to make everyone experience a pleasant and home warm feeling. The view to the lake was a big wow, very nice to able to take a walk down along the lake. I highly recommend this place to anyone, no matter what the price you pay it's worth every cent.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Jaime713
Vacaville
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here. The room was very spacious, clean and beautiful. We could walk right down to the lake. The front desk was so helpful and we appreciated their recommendations. We would love to come back here any time of year. Thanks so much for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mtncpl06
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 2, 2010

MINE

I’m taken aback by the irresponsible remarks some review contains. It would have been my loss to have taken that review for face value and not seen for myself. Thankfully it didn’t sway me from my best stay ever and I'm one to talk as a regular traveler and not one easy to please. The Location, View, Staff, Hotel Grounds and my Room were nothing less than wonderful! A twist of what appeared as Greek-French class surrounded by Gods Country. I went with my Girlfriend for a wedding and can’t wait to return with my husband and kids. While there, I called the front desk to have a light bulb replaced and I swear the attendant got off the phone to end up at or door step 10 seconds later. He was very pleasant and took care of business. The hotels history is charming family one that has been passed from one generation to another. It has what most commercial hotels don't “a Personal and Friendly touch.” Though at first I thought the front desk lady snubbed us, I realized she spoke mostly Greek and didn’t get our silly humor. With a little figuring out on our part we realized it was us misjudging her. Thank you for this memorable stay! For the sake of wanting to share this wonderful experience, I hope you too give this place a chance to charm you as well!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MsAida
Concord, California
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We just returned home from a stay at the motel. The room was clean, with a fridge and microwave which was handy. We knew there was no AC, but the nights are cool and that was not an issue. This is the case in Tahoe except for a few nights a year. The beach was great and we enjoyed the hot tub. The ice creme shop across the street was very good and this location is close to several good restaurants. The only issue we had was the light over the door stayed on until midnight and kept my wife awake and the pillows could be thicker.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jcwillis1
Granite Bay,
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We love Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort!! My parents first took my brother and me to this hotel 42 years ago, although it was under different ownership then. As we grew up, Lake Tahoe became our annual summer vacation. In the 70's, the Mourelatos family became the owners and this hotel was transformed to what I consider to be the best vacation location on the North Shore. My brother and I have continued our annual Tahoe vacation tradition by bringing our families and our extended families to Mourelatos almost every summer for the last 20 years and we plan to keep going back every year, hopefully with their families too!

The private beach at Mourelatos is definitely one of the best on the North Shore. The hotel grounds and guest rooms are all well-maintained. The rooms are nicely furnished, upscale and very comfortable. It is fabulous to wake up in the morning and walk right out of your room, right onto the beach. Bring your cup of coffee, go for a morning lake walk, take a kayak ride or bring your book and towel and just relax under an umbrella in a cozy lounge chair. It's all good!

The owners and hotel staff are always friendly. The owners definitely take pride in making sure you enjoy your valued get away.

We have also stayed at Mourelatos at other times of the year - spring, fall and winter. Our stays there have been wonderful and special each and every time. I highly recommend this hotel and hope that if you end up selecting this location for your trip or vacation, that you find that special connection with North Lake Tahoe and Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort that I have found and enjoyed over the years.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We had stayed there for 3 days. and we loved it so much, staff was very helpful in recommending activities and area events, we spent fabulous time on the beach, everybody was very nice and friendly, the most important thing for us was our privacy))))
had no air conditioning though, but it didn't really bother us, cause its not very hot in Tahoe.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Cedar Glen Lodge
Cedar Glen Lodge
#1 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino

Been to Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort? Share your experiences!