All reviewswine and cheesecookie decoratingprivate beachplay areanorth shorelove this placetwo storypaddle boardswe've stayedgrocery storekings beachincline villageview of the lakefire pitunitslakesidecabin
Reviewed February 22, 2016

Our stay was wonderful.The 1BR was clean with everything needed for cooking even free coffee,popcorn and cookies.The staff was welcoming,courtesy and helpful.Surroundings were beautiful and adjacent to a beautiful beach on Lake Tahoe.The bus to the ski areas like NorthStar stops right in front.Best deal in North Lake Tahoe at least for us.Highly recommended and very child friendly

Reviewed February 21, 2016

This last weekend was our second stay here. There is no such place as perfect but the location, great staff and comfortable beds make this resort one I hope to stay for our yearly snow trips. It's 1/2 mile from the Tahoe national park that has the sno park for kids and is dog friendly. There are some great restaurants nearby...yet it's not so busy like some parts of the lake.
There are three units that allow dogs which is why we came here the first time. We came back because we felt so at ease here - and by we I mean mommy, 4 year daughter and big puppy.
Our first stay we stayed in a lower unit - pluses were the size, full kitchen and seperate bedroom with SUPER comfortable bed. Cons were that the bathroom needs a little updated (which they are working one) and it was a lower unit - that part being my fault that my pup barks when she hears people upstairs (not the resorts fault lol)
Second time we stayed in a studio cabin that is near perfect! The cutest thing is the pull down bed - again super comfortable! And the sofa pulls out for additional sleeping space. pluses was that it is stand along with a nice half porch, bed, extremely clean and smelled good. Cons were that there isn't an oven (duh it's a kitchenette not a studio) and bathroom is small (again duh it's a studio lol)
Wifi, tv and DVD player so if we wanted to stay in we were covered.
A good value as far as I'm concerned. Did I mention how friendly the staff is? I mean they have a night where they have fresh cookies for the guests.

Reviewed February 21, 2016

Tahoe Sands Resort is a rustic, old-style resort with wonderful, friendly staff and an out-of-this-world location right on the north shore of Lake Tahoe. A fantastic beach in the summer and next door to all the great north shore ski resorts in the winter. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Reviewed February 21, 2016

My wife and I stayed at Tahoe Sands Resort over the Valentine's Day weekend. We stayed is a 1-bedroom 2 nights and a small studio 1 night. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Waking up in the morning and looking across Lake Tahoe to snow capped mountains was breathtaking. The resort staff is very friendly and helpful. Cabins are very functional for a "cozy" stay.

Reviewed February 20, 2016

Their concern that everything was in satisfactory condition with no actual complaints on our part made our stay enjoyable. Being so close to the water was awesome, even in winter. I would definitely return, next time.