“WoW what an amazing, super, funtastic place, Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Cedar Glen Lodge

Cedar Glen Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Petaluma, California
“WoW what an amazing, super, funtastic place, Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We have been coming here for around 8 years!! The new owners have really turned things around!! The sauna was great! We had the romance cabin with jet tub!! More than big enough for two!! I love the kitchen and fire place!! Was warm and cozy!! Never made it in hot tub, but looked great!! same with pool!! I love that it's down the street from snow parks and safeway!! Short drive away is Northstar and Boreal!! 40miles away is Reno!! I love this places and it's only getting better!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TrishSnell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 9, 2011

My wife and 2-year old daughter stayed Super Bowl weekend. We were warmly greeted by Martha the owner who checked us in and offered suggestions on restaurants. She also gave us a 10% discount on the 1BR lake view room which was good size, very clean with an updated kitchenette which included a mid-size refrigerator, a range top and a microwave. Althought the lodge is across the street from Lake Tahoe, the room did have a nice view of the lake. It also came with a large flat-screen TV which I was able to watch the game on and which the family was able to enjoy popcorn and disney movies on. The wall heaters kept the rooms toasty, even sometimes a bit too warm. The only criticism I have about the room is that the bathroom also needs to be updated. The sink did not drain properly. However, this was a minor inconvenience. The location in Tahoe Vista was a plus and we were able to take our daughter to a sno park which was approximately 1 mile from the hotel. It cost $5 per person plus $3 for parking and included sleds and saucers. There are also snomobile rentals on site. The only other minor disappointment was that Martha did not have the nightly fire pit as promised on Sunday evening. However, she may have had Super Bowl plans which prevented her from doing so.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank KasChris
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Well, let's see... I love Martha. Who is Martha exactly? Martha is the owner of Cedar Glen Lodge. She checks you in. She makes you laugh. She cooks breakfast (super delicious waffles and bananas foster!). She builds fires in the pit. She roasts you marshmallows at said pit while wearing flip-flops in 25 degree weather. She ROCKS.

The lodge itself is great! We stayed in cabin #5. It shares a wall with number 4 but we couldn't hear a peep from there so it felt like we were alone! It was very clean, the heater made you feel like there was a roaring fire in your room, and there was even a cute little welcome bag of handy things in the bathroom.

The grounds of the lodge are super clean. There is a good amount of parking, friendly staff, and did I mention Martha, the owner?

I have already told everyone who will listen about how great a weekend we had there and I can't wait to go back for the summer so I can see Martha's warm time rituals!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank georgiaharas
cedarglenlodge, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our property. We truly enjoyed your visit and look forward to the next one! The "summer rituals" are all about the pool, the lake, the fire-pit (of course), the wonderful water sports, hiking, biking and some times chasing bears away from our property. So, if you are up to all of those, we'll see you here this summer!

Martha
Berkeley, California
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed here one night and had a great time here. The lodge is located less than a mile away from a wonderful snow park--just $5/person for all-day sledding. It's across the street from the shore of the lake.

But the strength of the lodge is the relatively new owner named Martha. She goes out of her way to make sure everyone enjoys their stay. At night, we sat around the fire pit roasting marshmallows with other guests. In the morning, we ate Martha's freshly-made waffles before heading out. And when we forgot our baby's blanket in the room, her staff called us right away so we could turn around and retrieve it.

A really pleasant stay for a fair price.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gkt1
Concord, NH
Reviewed January 23, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here the week of January 9 and had a wonderful time. The lodging was very spacious and comfortable, wi-fi was excellent, and the hot tub was very refreshing after each day's ski trip. Conveniently located to Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar and Diamond Peak. Martha was very accommodating, providing an extra mattress for my son, who joined us mid-week. Will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Lake Tahoe.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank dniles
Pasadena, California
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 3 weeks in the month of December. The cabins were cozy and comfortable. They were very clean, which is what my wife really cared about. There was free Wi-fi and cable TV. We stayed in the studio cabin and there was plenty of room for my wife and I with a small round table where we could eat. There was a walk-in closet. And since we were staying for such a long time, Martha was gracious enough to supply us a microwave and minifridge!
One of the greatest things about this place was Martha and Allen! The greatest hosts we have ever met. We got to know them on our daily trips to their office for their free breakfast, which consisted of fresh fruit, bagels, waffles, juice, and pastries. The people we met there along the way were from all over the world - Australia, New Zealand, UK, Brazil, as we gathered around the fire pit for hot chocolate.
The location is excellent. Just a short drive to Norsthstar, Alpine, and Squaw Valley. Safeway was very close by (would be walking distance if it weren't for the crazy snow storm). There were plenty of nice restaurants around too, our favorite was El Sancho's fish tacos.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank hebrews121
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 17, 2011

My wife found the Cedar Glen Lodge on the Internet. We were looking for an alternative to a place we read about in the paper.We were looking for a place in the snow where the family could get away for my birthday. The Cedar Glen Lodge was the right choice.Owners, Martha and Allen are gracious, personable and very accommodating hosts.We stayed in one of the rustic little cabins on the property.They surprised me with a birthday card and a box of chocolate candy. There was a full equipped kitchenette,free WI FI, TV with cable,a king sized bed for my wife and I ,a Queen sized sofa bed for my son, and a nice bathroom with great hot water.There is a pool,hot tub and sauna. The snow park was a 5 minute drive .I walked to the lake in about the same time. There were nightly gatherings around the fire pit and guests socializing over smores,cocoa and hot apple cider.There is a light breakfast served daily, Martha makes a mean bananas foster for the waffles. We liked it enough to stay an extra day, and plan to come back this summer to hang out at Lake Tahoe.It's family oriented and quiet and close to everything you need. I think I found my spot .

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank emanon52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tahoe Vista
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
#11 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
#3 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Cedar Glen Lodge? Share your experiences!