“Felt like 2nd Home”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fremont, California
“Felt like 2nd Home”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Would really like to thank both Martha and Alan for such a wonderful experience and for going a long way in helping us. Tips on things to do, secret hikes, places to see helped us. We have been to so many different places in the world, but Cedar Glen felt like 2nd home to us due to your heart warming welcoming nature and the beautiful place that they own.

Thanks again for the wonderful memories.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ramanathan K
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
It was such a great pleasure to have you and your lovely wife with us! We profusely thank you for sharing your amazing Lake Tahoe photos with us. Your Talent is unparalleled!

Thanks again and next time you are in town, I have to share a couple other spots that would be a "photographers' delight!"

Alan and Martha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Fremont, California
Reviewed April 1, 2014

If you have an owner out past 11:30pm sounding an air-horn to keep a bear away from you cabin you are at a top-notch lodge. Martha and Alan go out of their way to make everyone feel welcome and for me, they makes me feel like family each time my husband and I stay.

This is have been the 3rd year in a row that I have stayed at Cedar Glen and it still remains the cutest little and best place I have ever stayed! Every year it keeps getting better and better! I don't know how they keep topping themselves but they do :) This year Martha saw we were coming to stay and decided to upgrade us to a bigger room, no charge, no special reason, just because she and Alan are just that great!

The owners are the nicest people I have ever met and were there whenever you needed ANYTHING. The first time my man and I stayed we had a problem with the tv remote, which wasn't a big deal since we were out most of the day, but we still wanted to use it the few minutes we had it on at night before bed. Martha was there to help me out in a heartbeat when I stopped by the office to ask what to do. If the biggest problem I'm going to have during a stay is dead batteries that's easy peasy to deal with.

Even before the remodel Alan and Martha had yummy snacks and breakfast items for everyone in the office, which now is set out in their new office area at the bar. I like that it is all simple things, quick grab and go items mixed with cereal and fresh juice, a nice light breakfast to start the day. But if we felt up to something bigger Alan told us about the Log Cabin up the road which is also AM-AZ-ING. We were happy he let us know! I haven't gone wrong once listening to Alan and Martha's suggestions on places to visit and things to do.

We had no problems keeping warm with the snows outside the room heating is great whether is a normal small room heater or a room with a small fireplace. We really enjoyed the fire-pit they had. Any time my man and I were starting it up or sitting on our own someone would walk out to ask if we needed anything. They had it all dug out so we could sit out at night and make s'mores, talk to some of the other guests, and just enjoy the calm serenity that is Tahoe.

I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: If you want something a little more special than just a one bedroom spring a little extra for the on...
Green Features: I love the steps taken to try and not waste material and also re-use towels as much as possible so that they can reduce use of water etc, it's great! I don't need a new towel after every single shower but most of the time they still get replaced when house-keeping goes through.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Karen B
Dearest Karen B,

You have no idea how much we miss and love you both! You know that you are part of the extended Cedar Glen Lodge family!

Thank you so much for all your kindness and we can't wait to see you back =)

Martha, Alan, and Staff
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed March 31, 2014

It was my husband's birthday and this was a perfect weekend get away location for us. The complex was very convenient to all the places and experiences we wanted to enjoy. We loved the mountain decor of the suite and all the amenities. It was so very comfortable and cozy. The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and informative in planning our days. We definitely hope to be returning one day soon to the Cedar Glen Lodge.

Room Tip: We loved being at the end of the complex where it is higher and we had such a spectacular view out o...
Green Features: Very friendly, sensible and easy to follow ...did love the bath tub with all the jets!! The landscaping seemed perfect, even in March.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dru B
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
We are very happy you chose our place to celebrate your husband's birthday, and we are always thrilled when we surpass our guests' expectations!

Thank you so much and can't wait to see you back!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Cedar Glen Lodge has to be one of the most enchanting places on earth, our experience there was all we could have hoped for and more. Cedar Glen Lodge is nestled in pine trees and surrounded by beauty. Picture yourself just like in the movies waking up in your cozy fireplace warmed cabin and pulling open your window blind and witnessing almost quarter sized snowflakes slowly fall upon earth, it is a truly magical feeling that is beyond belief. The bed was soft and comfortable like resting on a cloud and our stay was made even more wonderful by the hosts Martha and Alan who were very helpful with anything we needed from skiing information, hiking trails and even taking time to make smores with you by the outside fireplace, Lake Tahoe was by far the best part of our trip to the States and staying at Cedar Glen Lodge made it even more special. We highly recommend Cedar Glen Lodge's onsite restaurant The Rustic Lounge, the meals were incredible most perfectly cooked melt in your mouth Filet mignon and Roasted Chicken Breast we have ever had.

Room Tip: Cabin 6 has all a romance site requires, a warm lounge room fireplace, relaxing spa bath in the spac...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alvin-Jacinta
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dearest Alvin-Jacinta,

Thank you so much for such wonderful and inspiring review. We are incredibly lucky to be in one of the most beautiful settings around the world. There is so much to love about this place and, above all, we are incredibly lucky to have such wonderful guests such as yourselves.

Thank you so much for all your appreciation and can't wait to see you both back soon!

Martha
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We recently stayed at the Cedar Glen Lodge with friends. Yes, it is a great location and a short driving distance to several ski mountains. Yes, cabin 14 was super comfortable and we loved the authentic cabin feel. Yes, the parking was super easy and 2 steps away from our cabin. Yes, the owners were gracious and very accommodating. Yes, the kids loved the campfire and Alan's s'mores. In a nutshell the accommodations were amazing. And now a few words about the restaurant: Delightful! Delicious! Divine! My husband and I have been to some of the most amazing restaurants around the world, from Manhattan to the Maldives and hands down, the food served at the Cedar Glen Lodge was simply among the best meals I've ever had. We enjoyed dinner there the first night we arrived and due to our ski schedule, we weren't able to have dinner until the last night of our stay...however the restaurant was closed due to a family wedding and I wasn't able to partake a second time. I practically cried the whole way home. The food is amazing. If you can only go one night, go with people who like to share their meals and order the scallops, tuna, filet and salmon so you can have a bite of each heavenly dish. Oh My. I'm in tears just thinking about how jealous I am of the people with reservations for tonight! I'll be back for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I believe each cabin has been recently renovated, so you can't go wrong. Cabin 14 accommodated...
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your flattering review! We are always very happy when we meet our guests' expectations.

Thanks again and can't wait to see you back soon!
Martha
Alameda, California
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed in the lodge for a weekend and really enjoy it. It only takes 10 mins to Tahoe city and some nice restaurants near by. The lodge has recently went through some renovation. Although the bathroom is not that big but still come with a massage tub...nice touch. All the decoration also stick with the rustic theme. The lodge also dog friendly and I can tell that my dog loves the bed very much.

1 Thank Tim C
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are very glad that you enjoyed our rustic decor and our brand-new massage bath tubs! We have 5 dedicated pet-friendly rooms and they are always welcome here.

Thanks again and hope to see you back soon!
San Clemente, California
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Incredibly friendly service, they will bend over backwards to accommodate any and all needs. They are pet friendly which is a great deal in such a nice place! My family will absolutely come back! The view is gorgeous. They have a spa and pool and will even light a bonfire and set out s'more makings. They have a mini golf course and a volleyball and badminton net and equipment for guests as well. This is a great family spot or romantic get away.

2 Thank Justin C
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you for your great review! We are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay up here in Lake Tahoe, and that your furry friend enjoyed their vacation as well! Once the weather warms up, the property becomes more alive with picnics, bbq's and even ping-pong. Please come back for a visit anytime!

-Martha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tahoe Vista
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
#11 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
#3 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Cedar Glen Lodge? Share your experiences!