“Always the best”

Cedar Glen Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The property is continuing to improve and only the best maerials and fixures are used. In the newest remodels, even the room entry keys are "hands-free" using an RF chip insteads of making you fumble with a key slot. Continental Breakfast in the wine bar is included and the restaurant "Rustic Lounge" offers the best evening dining.

Only problem is the very limited parking which means you could lose your assigned space sometimes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you so for your kind review and recognizing our improvements at The Cedar Glen Lodge. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with the continental breakfast and experienced dining in the Rustic Lounge. The restaurant is receiving rave reviews. It's always great to see you and your family! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at Cedar Glen Lodge for New Years with 2 other couples. Each of the rooms was slightly different, and charming in it's own way.
The location was great!
The Continental breakfast was classy and had a very welcoming feeling to it, very different from most larger hotel continental breakfasts.
We celebrated New Years with the pre-fixed dinner in the Cedar Glen Lounge. Words cannot describe how wonderful this meal was. The property owners are actively involved and available, making the stay that much more comfortable, endearing, and special.
We will definitely stay at Cedar Glen again and will recommend it to friends.
We also liked that it is a small lodge with self-park, so you don't need to valet your car or compete for parking.
The daily room cleaning was minimal. Basically making up the bed informally and adding a towel if you hadn't hung yours up.
But overall, we loved our stay and really loved the owners and how welcome and comfortable they made us all feel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your New Year’s Holiday with us! We appreciate your kind comments and hope we will see you again soon to enjoy our very special place.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very friendly owner- even remembers your name! Due to New Years eve crush had to stay in a room in newer wing and older wing. Both very well cared for- clean- had what you needed. Nice Continental Breakfast. Number 33 had a nice view of the lake while number 12 was close to main building and breakfast which make a difference during snow. Driveways were plowed of snow and maintained. Nice mattress in both bedrooms. Roomy enough for this fat guy with sitting area set with wine glasses in both rooms. Parking tight in snow but my big truck was good in both assigned spots. Next time will try their dinners.

Room Tip: # 33 newer wing had nice view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review and spending your New Year’s Holiday with us! Our friendly staff is dedicated to helping you enjoy your visit to the Lodge and Tahoe.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the Cedar Glen Lodge and we highly recommend it. The rooms were well equipped, the view was great (lots and lots of snow), and the staff was very, very helpful. Breakfast was fantastic and our overall experience was amazing
We had a car problem and arrived late to the lodge - we received a lot of help from Marta and Christianna in solving our problems.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

We are so happy to hear you had an amazing time with us, despite your car troubles! We are rully committed and dedicated to your vacation experience here at our property and Lake Tahoe.

Thank again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and all was very average. We stayed because of the great reviews this lodge had and it's just ok. The rooms well equipped with all you need but they are tiny. Didn;t get a chance of course to see the other rooms but ours #17 was absolutely tiny hence living up to the term "cabin fever". We did not get a chance to spend any time in the rustic lounge/restaurant as we have two kids and didn't think it would be pleasant for others - also by the menu, prices looked pretty high. Overall mediocre would stay again if I couldn't find another place.

1  Thank Sandy R
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Our cabin # 17 has a separate bedroom with a queen size bed, separate kitchen and living room and a good size shower/bathroom. Having multiple rooms, this unit is much bigger than an average hotel room, but we are deeply sorry that you found it tiny. I am not sure why you thought that bringing your kids to our restaurant wouldn't be "pleasant to others." Even though kids are more than welcome here (we even provide high-chairs), we appreciate your thoughtfulness. Our restaurant, the Rustic Lounge has two Cordon Bleu chefs and the prices are consistent with this area, I am sorry you found them "pretty high." It is most shocking that you "would stay here again if couldn't find another place," after calling our place "mediocre." It seems to me that your best choice would be a rental home, instead of a hotel. We are deeply sorry your experience is in disagreement with 98% of of our visitors!

Thanks again and best of luck in your future travels.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I definitively recommend staying at Cedar Glen Lodge: warm welcome and great food. My fiancee and I arrived pretty late after a 7 hour drive from SFO, and Marta (sweetest person I met in Tahoe) welcomed us with potato chips and a big smile. Breakfast was great, but dinner was fantastic. After skiing all day long, there wasn't much energy to explore restaurants but we were surprised on how great the menu was. All team was so warm in Christmas night the that it felt like we were long time friends. Hope to get back soon...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your kind words! I had so much fun chatting with you and your fiance (over potato chips), until almost the wee hours of the morning. I am very glad that you took advantage of our onsite restaurant and that you found it "fantastic!" I hope you can came back again soon and take advantage of the wonderful winter weather.

Thanks again and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I got to motel late because of the snowstorm that hit the area. The owner was very nice helping me to find my unit and parking place in snow late at night. I had concerns when I went out on Christmas night and yet another snowstorm had come in. Blizzard weather was occurring and I wondered about the lot because it is hilly going up to parking area and in the snow I wasn't the best in these conditions. When I got back the road and parking spaces were completely cleared. They had a grounds person that was always checking with me to be sure if I needed any help with any parking or maintenance issues. Very nice people, felt really at home. I wish I was there to try the Rustic Lounge, the nights I stayed they were closed. Open Wednesday thru Sunday. With me arriving late Sunday, they were closed Monday & Tuesday. The Continental Breakfast was always good and the menu for the lounge looked outstanding. You will be made very comfortable when you arrive at this motel. I will definitely stay here again. Pet Friendly as well.

Dear Kathy S,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always nervous during severe snow storms and make an extra effort to clear our driveways as soon as possible. As you mentioned, our property is in a hill, so it can be pretty difficult to drive up with all the snow. During these storms, our guests' safety is our main concern! I hope you can come back soon and get to enjoy more of this "Winter Wonderland," and hopefully try our restaurant!

Thanks again and we look forward to your visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tahoe Vista
Resort at Squaw Creek
Resort at Squaw Creek
#2 of 5 in Olympic Valley
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
#11 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
#2 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Cedar Glen Lodge? Share your experiences!