“Unforgettable snow time”

Cedar Glen Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I definitively recommend staying at Cedar Glen Lodge: warm welcome and great food. My fiancee and I arrived pretty late after a 7 hour drive from SFO, and Marta (sweetest person I met in Tahoe) welcomed us with potato chips and a big smile. Breakfast was great, but dinner was fantastic. After skiing all day long, there wasn't much energy to explore restaurants but we were surprised on how great the menu was. All team was so warm in Christmas night the that it felt like we were long time friends. Hope to get back soon...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your kind words! I had so much fun chatting with you and your fiance (over potato chips), until almost the wee hours of the morning. I am very glad that you took advantage of our onsite restaurant and that you found it "fantastic!" I hope you can came back again soon and take advantage of the wonderful winter weather.

Thanks again and I look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Cedar Glen Lodge

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I got to motel late because of the snowstorm that hit the area. The owner was very nice helping me to find my unit and parking place in snow late at night. I had concerns when I went out on Christmas night and yet another snowstorm had come in. Blizzard weather was occurring and I wondered about the lot because it is hilly going up to parking area and in the snow I wasn't the best in these conditions. When I got back the road and parking spaces were completely cleared. They had a grounds person that was always checking with me to be sure if I needed any help with any parking or maintenance issues. Very nice people, felt really at home. I wish I was there to try the Rustic Lounge, the nights I stayed they were closed. Open Wednesday thru Sunday. With me arriving late Sunday, they were closed Monday & Tuesday. The Continental Breakfast was always good and the menu for the lounge looked outstanding. You will be made very comfortable when you arrive at this motel. I will definitely stay here again. Pet Friendly as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Kathy S,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always nervous during severe snow storms and make an extra effort to clear our driveways as soon as possible. As you mentioned, our property is in a hill, so it can be pretty difficult to drive up with all the snow. During these storms, our guests' safety is our main concern! I hope you can come back soon and get to enjoy more of this "Winter Wonderland," and hopefully try our restaurant!

Thanks again and we look forward to your visit.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We arrived on Christmas day. The room we had the first night was not available the second night so they offered to move our luggage for us while we were out sledding all day. One of the most courteous and friendly staffs ever. Excellent value. Nice rooms. Great location. I'd definitely go back. Less than 30 minutes drive to 5 ski resorts, including Squaw Valley, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a fireplace and kitchen.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jameshudleston

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, jameshudleston! When our guests have to change rooms, we try to make it as easy as possible for them. We are so glad that you were able to have fun all day and enjoy this beautiful winter weather!

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

A a former resident to Tahoe Vista it was a treat to come back for a visit and stop in here. We met friends who reccomended the happy hour and it was a delight. Super relaxing and when we found out that they are PET FRIENDLY we decided to book our next stay with them!

Room Tip: It's all good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Martha B, Manager at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Julia,

Thank you so much for coming in for our happy hour! We have a wide selection of wines, from full bodied reds to crisp whites that are sure to please every palate. We also love carrying an array of beers from brewers here in California and around the world.

Our happy hour includes $2 off wines by the glass, and $1 off our already great prices on beer. Additionally, our appetizers and flatbreads are discounted for the entirety of happy hour. Thanks again for the great review and we can't wait to see you back in beautiful Lake Tahoe.

-Chef Dave
-Pastry Chef

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I had Dinner,on 11/27/12,Were a walk-in ,was no problem( Recommend you call ahead now )the service was top notch,probably the best I've had in Tahoe,very friendly staff.The meal was excellent,(I had Alaskan Salmon0 delicious,my wife had Fillet,mouth watering,and the dessert was amazing.Then got the bill,amazing well priced ,best deal inTahoe The Rustic Lounge and Cedar Glen lodge

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Larry,

Thank you so much for your kind review. At The Rustic Lounge, we strive to serve seasonal, fresh dishes that can accommodate any taste. Chef Ana and I make everything from scratch, daily, but our guests noticing the quality and love that we put into our food makes us so happy. Thanks again for your wonderful review and we cannot wait to see you back at The Rustic Lounge at Cedar Glen Lodge!

- Chef Dave
- Pastry Chef

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I was looking for a nice quiet place to spend the Thanksgiving weekend. I had a photo assignment and also wanted to decompress for a weekend. Found the Cedar Glen Lodge
on line communicated with Martha and it met all my needs. Very clean and well maintianed property. Quiet , walking distance to the lake, and a great staff. The Rustic Lounge served traditional holiday meal that was delightful and delicious. Continental breakfast was fresh and excellent in variety and taste. The room/cabin was clean, comfortable, with coffee and a wonderful mattress. I will return for more weekends and share this place with my clients and friends.

Room Tip: I had a room that was close to the road but I did not hear any road noises. I dont think any room wo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Martha B, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you for your fantastic review! We are glad to hear that we met all your needs and expectations. It is great you had a chance to try our Thanksgiving Dinner! Stay warm, and hope to see you next year. Happy Holidays!

-Martha

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food was amazing- the service is exceptional and. It is a great family environment. The lodge is perfectly located right along the lake, and is in great walking distance to take a morning joh or a sunset walk. I would definitely stay there again, the prices are reasonable, and most of all the employees are great!

The one feature that my family, husband, and I enjoyed the most was the campfire. The staff is very accommodating in ensuring that Our mountain experience at the lodge was unforgettable.

This is a must family, or couple retreat. It is not crowded at all and is very serene.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for your great review! We are happy you had the chance to enjoy our new restaurant, and the beautiful sunsets Lake Tahoe has to offer. It is great to hear you truly enjoyed your stay here with us. Take care and hope to see you soon. Happy Holidays!

-Martha

The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
#11 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
#3 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Cedar Glen Lodge? Share your experiences!