“Great stay, friendly people, great facilities!”
Review of Cedar Glen Lodge

Cedar Glen Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 15, 2011

First and foremost, the staff at Cedar Glen Lodge are excellent. They go out of your way to make sure you have an enjoyable stay: from making sure you have everything you need for your beach visit (towels and chairs) to everything you need for smores by their fireplace at night. The other facilities such as pools, bbq's, etc were well maintained.

All that said, this isn't luxury accommodation, as it is a lodge (though the staff more attentive than a 4 star hotel). It also isn't lakeside, but the lake and a nice beach is across the street. With that in mind, and given the value factor, I would highly recommend Cedar Glen lodge for anyone looking for a nice relaxed stay in Tahoe...I know I'll be staying there on my next visit!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mothflakes3000

Reviewed August 14, 2011

This place turned out to be better than I expected. We liked staying in the cabins, everything was clean and well kept. Its right across the street from the beach, and you can sit outside on the lawn and look at the lake. What we liked the most was the personal care the owners, Martha and Allen, showed my whole family. they were more than helpful and very accomodating. We especially loved the campfires at night and the complimentary s'mores. I still miss those nights. the continental breakfasts were more than adequate and on the weekend they make delicious waffles, which we thoroughly enjoyed. We also loved BBQing and sitting outside on the picnic tables gazing upon the lake. the staff was very helpful in helping us pick things to do in Tahoe. We definietly would recommend this place to anyone and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne R
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We arrived at Cedar Glenn Lodge on a Saturday, July 30th without a reservation because we were on our motorcycle and had no idea when we would arrive at Beautiful Lake Tahoe, I mean really beautiful Lake Tahoe !! We arrived and asked the owner Martha if she had a room ? To our surprise we would be acommedated for the rest of the week. Yeah ! Thank you very much we love it ! We stayed in almost every form of lodging on the property. We met some grear folks, we had great evenings by the fire and ate somores !!!!!! The location was the best, right across the street was the Lake !!. The folks who worked there were all hard workers and it showed. Thank you very much, I believe that God placed us exactly where we were meant to be. Thank you !!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bernice K
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Our group of 7 families really enjoyed our 3-night stay at the beginning of August. Martha and everyone at Cedar Glen made sure we had everything we needed to make our stay enjoyable - including buying and setting up two new BBQs within an hour of us mentioning that one wasn't working properly. The children in our group (14 of them, middle and high school age) all loved the facilities (pool, ping pong, volley ball, etc.) and never complained about having nothing to do. The rooms were cleaned and it's obvious that they're working on more improvements. A number of the families are already looking into going back for their own family trips. We'd definitely go back - either as a big group or with just our family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband And my self Alex & Lauren Williams stayed there for three nights. When I say beautiful I mean Beautiful! The rooms and cabins are just fantastic! They were very clean, and the decor inside the rooms were just perfect for Tahoe. The lake is right across the street. The owners are just beautiful people they make you feel at home and would do anything to accomadate you. The grounds were imaculent, they have the fire pit going at night and they even provide the fixings for you. The staff was very nice and the hospitality was above the top. I would recommend Cedar Glenn Lodge!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Having never been to Lake Tahoe, we decided to end our one week trip through the peaceful Hwy 49 gold country, with a couple of nights at the Cedar Glen Lodge in the middle of July (the bad ) After a two hour drive over Yuba Gap and through beautiful Sierra Valley, we finally arrived at North Lake Blvd. (the ugly) The main road around the lake was totally torn up and under heavy constructon, we almost couldn't enter the Lodge as the driveway was torn out. The road was down to one lane and the bumper to bumper traffic reminded me of being back in L.A at rush hour, not exactly the peace and quiet I was expecting. A jackhammer blasted it's echo through the Lodge property, I totally freaked out. Entering the office I requested innkeeper Martha and explained this was not what I expected. (the good) Martha took us to our room and calmed me down saying that Tahoe has two seasons, Winter and Construction and that the noise would cease at 5PM. Martha was very nice and we decided to give the lodge a chance. We had room 33, a very basic room with a bathroom door that wouldn't close. Noisy neighboors gathered on the deck in front of our room late into the night. The following day we braved the traffic jam to explore Tahoe and had a great time. The second night was better and we left with good feelings. In summary, the Cedar Glen is an excellent value for the price, Innkeeper Martha's main objective is to satisfy her guests. The only thing I would recommend is not to visit Tahoe until later in the summer when the road construction is finished or in the winter. The setup of the property seemed that it would be perfect for family or group gatherings. Sorry if I rambled on in this review, I do plan on returning to the Cedar Glen next winter and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ragsdad
cedarglenlodge, Owner at Cedar Glen Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear ragsdad,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is equally important to future travelers and our management. I am so happy that after all, you were able to relax and enjoy your stay in Lake Tahoe and at Cedar Glen Lodge!

The road construction this year was probably as bad is it can be since it involved repaving the highway. The worst part was that we were never informed of this work and once they started, we never knew when they would show up again. I am happy to inform that the work is finally finished (at least in our area) and the new road looks really nice. Peace and quiet is back in beautiful Lake Tahoe!

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Martha

Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Cedar Glen for 3 nights on our first trip the Tahoe area. The cottages and the rooms look rustic at first but the amenities and the actual rooms are excellent. We would rate the interior decor, furnishing etc to be better than the regular top notch hotels. The owners Martha and Alan have put a lot of thought into this property and their effort shows. We stayed in one of the motel style rooms on the second floor and loved the view.

We also received good tips for our visits around the region from all of the friendly staff. They were also genuinely interested in our experiences touring the area which is very endearing. We definitely recommend this place without any reservation whatsoever.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Resort at Squaw Creek
Resort at Squaw Creek
#2 of 5 in Olympic Valley
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
#2 of 8 in Tahoe Vista
The Village At Squaw Valley
The Village At Squaw Valley
#3 of 5 in Olympic Valley

Been to Cedar Glen Lodge? Share your experiences!