My wife and I stayed here based on all the positive TripAdvisor reviews. I'm not sure why anyone would have given this a 5 star rating, but perhaps our expectations are a but higher than most. All in, the pros earn it a 4 and the cons earn it a 2, so we're giving this a 3 star rating.
We stayed upstairs in the main 'hotel' area, in room 32.
We'd consider staying here again because the price was affordable, but we'll certainly be looking into other properties for our next visit.
1. Lake beach access (across the street)
2. View of the lake from our room and (shared) balcony
3. Very polite front desk staff
4. Location is very nice
5. Despite guests below and next to us, we couldn't hear them once in our room
6. Breakfast was average; the fresh waffles were worth the very short wait
7. The pool was nice; the hot tub was full of kids so we never had a chance to get in
1. The room was very dated and worn down, and it even smelled a bit funny; repairs were visibly awkward and sloppy
2. There wasn't a fan in the bathroom
3. The housekeeping team never ended up cleaning our room; they tried once when we were arriving back from hiking at 5:00 but we needed to get ready for dinner
4. The parking spots are small and narrow; if you have a nice car consider yourself warned
5. We love dogs, but some of the owners here were quite negligent in watching them
6. Kids were playing whiffle ball in the parking lot, hitting cars - and passing-by staff said nothing
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tahoe Cedar Glen Lodge is an Eco-Friendly newly renovated, Award Winning resort with a stylish rustic Tahoe-charm. It offers an array of cozy cottages, some with fireplaces, kitchens, AC, comfortable rooms or suites and breath-taking views! The resort features a wine bar, lake access, outdoor seasonal heated swimming pool, year-round hot-tub, sauna, fire-pit, picnic areas, barbecues, nightly campfire, volley ball, ping pong, putting green, Tesla and Universal EV Charging Station, and one acre of untouched natural land. Enjoy easy access to all Lake Tahoe activities: Boating, fishing, hiking, biking, river rafting, golf, casinos, shopping and during the winter months skiing, snowboarding at world class resorts, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, ice skating and much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Glen Hotel Tahoe Vista
- Knights Inn Tahoe Vista