“Awesome location. Rude staff.”

Franciscan Lakeside Lodge
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Right on the beach with a panoramic, unbeatable view of the lake! Rooms are decorated with a bear theme. Cute, but a little overdone. The attitudes of the women working the office really took away from our vacation experience. Mary was often standing right in front of the office door smoking (ewww) and was curt and gruff. Janette treated me with indifference, rolling her eyes, when I asked her for an extra pillow. Couldn't beat the location for the price though!

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank pookieinher50s

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed in unit 29 and 62. Unit 29 was lakefront though from a side angle but it was a clean and comfortable one bedroom unit. It fit all 6 adults and 1 child for the night as there is a queen in the bedroom, 2 twins in the living room and an additional queen sofa bed. My nephew is 4 and we were able to make up a bed for him on the big ottoman. The pier is a 10 second walk from the porch and is gorgeous day/night. Parking was close to the unit and there were lots of guest parking for our 2nd vehicle. There was also a propane BBQ really close by. Loved this unit and would stay again with a smaller group next time.

There was a slight hiccup with the office but it was an error on Groupons end not the Franciscan. Groupon only reported that we were staying 1 night when I had paid for 2. I showed them my conformation info and the Franciscan bent over backwards to accommodate us and the manager was very friendly and helpful. They even offered to move us to a bigger unit so that we'd be more comfortable or else to stay in the unit we were in.

Which is how we ended up in unit 62. If you are a family or big group I definitely recommend that unit. Parking is close by, the pool is right outside, there's a grill and swing set too. The unit is quite large. The table seats 8. There were 4 twins in the living room and a queen in both bedrooms. The fire place was great since we got snow that day. The kitchen had full size appliances with all the pots, utensils, plates, cutlery, etc that we needed. There were also games in the unit which we didn't have in unit 29.

We loved that Safeway was less than a 5min drive away and is 24hours! It was also fun reading and signing the guest book in both units.

I can understand why some reviews said the lady in the office was rude. However I was nice and friendly and she was helpful and friendly during my stay. Will definitely stay again and recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret P
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I bought a groupon and stayed over Spring Break. The elderly woman in the front desk, was very rude, and not friendly at all. The rooms were not very clean, it seemed like the bedding wasn't washed. The blanket in the closet had a sticker attached to it, I doubt it was washed. Good thing I brought my own blanket. The bathroom was clean, but everything else seemed dingy and old. I would not recommend this place, I will not be returning.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Lydia R
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The customer service was horrible!!! The office is closed on Sunday after 5pm and they didn't even tell us that they were closed. We drove 5 hrs to show up to a empty office and no room for us. They claimed they put a envelope on the door for us with a room key but they did not. The least they could have done was call us and let us know they would not be there and there was a key on the door but I guess they forgot.... We had no where to go and we had a hungry tired baby. Absolute horrible horrible customer service. When we called the next day Mary the receptionist was extremely rude and blamed us for not seeing the envelope, but we all knew there was no envelope or phone call ever made. The plain truth is she forgot to put the envelope on the door and she never called us. Makes me never want to return to Tahoe. Lazy employees with no pride in their work.

• Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank Poorpietri
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed in cabin 20 (lakeside, right next to the sand). This is the place to relax and wind down. We attended a lovely wedding on the property. Very nicely remodeled cabin. Great place for families and great beach. Very nice staff too!

Room Tip: Lake front or lake side
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our family has been vacationing at the Franciscan for 40 years, more often than not. The place seems to only get better with time. Each unit is tastefully decorated in a cozy Tahoe way - themes of bears and trout abound. Each unit has a small kitchenette, equipped with what you need. gas bbq are scattered around the property for your use, if you choose. Aside from a sandy beachfront and pier to the lake, units across the road are close to a beautiful swimming pool and deck area, with plenty of loungers and chairs. The property as a whole is very well maintained and landscaped, plenty of parking. A great spot for families and kids. Over one of the weekends we were there, a group of six families vacationed together, spread over the property. Everyone seemed to have a great time, much like my memories vacationing at the Franciscan when I was much younger.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed in number 14 for just one night in early August and really enjoyed it. It is so peaceful and quiet, and the beach is nice and not too crowded. The room was reasonably priced for the location, very close to the lake and very clean. You can walk to a few restaurants and bars which is nice. They also have a selection of movies you can check out for free from the front desk. Would love to come back and stay for a week!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 7 in Tahoe City
Tahoe Vistana Inn
Tahoe Vistana Inn
#6 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Franciscan Lakeside Lodge? Share your experiences!