After reading other reviews, we decided to stay here for a one-nighter in Tahoe. I have to stay, the is a beautiful place--large sprawling well-kept grounds with nice looking buildings that blend with the outdoors. The tennis courts, pool and hot tub were all great. We had hiked all day and were thrilled to be able to soak in the hot tub. Along with the hot tub, the other excellent thing about this place was the breakfast-- Way better than the usual continental breakfast.
But our disappointment was with the room itself. It was one of the cheapest ($150/night), but still-- it faced onto the busy road that everybody who comes there drives on. This includes trucks, deliveries, and shuttle buses. Noisy! The blinds in the room didn't close completely so light got in our eyes in the morning. There's no a.c. The TV was small and old. And, although the bed was fine, the pillows were hard as rocks and gave us sore necks (and prevented me from getting a decent night's sleep). All in all, I don't think I'd come back here. Or I'd spring for a more expensive room on the other side of the building (or in a different building). And I'd bring my own pillow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granlibakken's Tahoe's 74 acre, secluded valley is your very own cozy, alpine getaway. Perfect year-round for groups, weddings and families to connect in an Old Tahoe ambiance. Onsite activities include a treetop adventure park, historic ski & snowboard hill, groomed sled hill, hiking & biking trails, tennis courts and a year-round heated pool and a spa to relax in after all the fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Vacatia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Granlibakken Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granlibakken Hotel Tahoe City
- Granlibakken Resort Tahoe City