WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Beautiful!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mother Nature's Inn

Mother Nature's Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tahoe City
Mother Nature's Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Tahoe City
Seattle, WA
“Beautiful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

I'm writing this right now from room 8 of Mother Nature's Inn, because I couldn't wait to share about this little gem. If you've read all the other reviews, you know by now that it's a small two-story inn behind a crafts shop, and decorated right out of its inventory. There are wild-vine wreaths on the walls of my room, and a big ancient clock with roman numerals, and a small wooden canoe holding my soap and shampoo.

Nothing about this place is fancy, but the owner put her soul into it and it shows. It's immediately across the street from a public beach on the lake, and within a few-minute walk of most of the vicinity's food and drink. The inn is pet-friendly, but the pets stay in certain rooms; I did not bring a pet, (though I enjoyed sharing the company of the Australian Shepherd who is staying in a downstairs room right now), and my room smells immaculately clean.. The rooms have refrigerators, and there is a microwave to share down the hall. The beds are among the best I've experienced in a hotel, and they are sold at the store.

I have nothing bad to say about this place. To the person who complained that their car got dinged by a passing drive from the nearby golf course, they've now got a net protecting the parking lot from stray tee shots. This is the most beautiful way I could imagine to see a beautiful area, where you don't leave Tahoe just because you come inside, and you aren't stuck with a cookie-cutter room or cookie-cutter service. All at about half the price of the other area hotels I've seen advertised. We' love it so much weve decided to stay an extra day.

Room Tip: If you need a ground floor room let them know, stairs are the only way to the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank PocketTraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Positives: Quaint decor.
Negatives: The upkeep is poor. The bathroom had a broken glass shower door on which I cut my foot. The charming decor has a thick build up of dust..There is also a noisy arcade right next door. This not only created noise all night, but also flashing lights that beamed into my room. There is also a baseball diamond behind the inn where youth groups played games well into the evening. To add insult to injury, the supposed 'manager' kept forgetting that I was a guest and interrogated me every time she saw me on the premises.

I don't usually write reviews, but I think you should know what your getting into by staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cadence b
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

Had a great stay at Mother Nature's Inn. Quaint rooms in a great location in the heart of Tahoe City. You can walk to everything in town. Staff is very nice too.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

A very decently priced, beautifully located, friendly and clean hotel! I will definitely be back and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank emrhoades
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

This is a nice little place-simple, clean, and a good value for the money. The rooms are decorated to look like cabins, with nicely placed decorations and a comfortable bed. The rooms are off the main road so it is pretty quiet. I am having to work in the room all day while I am here. This place is nice because there is a narrow enclosed hallway in front of all the rooms on the bottom floor. They have put chairs and tables for people to sit and enjoy the sun (it just pours into this little space). I am able to leave the door of the room open and my dog is able to lounge around and catch some winter rays.
P.S. They also leave a doggie basket with treats-nice touch.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank starfishsf
san francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

I chose this hotel because it was near a rafting trip my friends and I were taking. However, it is also near the local golf course and my car that had no dings now has several serious dings from being hit while parked in the hotel lot. When I called the hotel about this, one workers said "oh yes, this happens" and please call the owner tomorrow. When I spoke with the owner she told me I was the only person this had ever happened to and perhaps it was from a car door. She has hard pressed to explain the perfectly round ding in the roof of my car. When I asked her to pay the deductible she told me that she would think about it and call back. She never did. Whatever you may save staying at this hotel, it is not worth the repair of the damage to your car.

I wanted to give no stars, but the form doesn't allow that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank imoff60
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

This is a simple motel extension to a quirky gift / furnture store on N Lake Blvd but the owners have filled each room with lots of character and made them very comfortable and charming. It is in a great location and is very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
#1 of 7 in Tahoe City
Pepper Tree Inn
Pepper Tree Inn
#5 of 7 in Tahoe City

Been to Mother Nature's Inn? Share your experiences!