“Great Surprise!”

Christy Hill Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Christy Hill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Tahoe City
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Bus stop available right across the street.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Wow! Sunset at Lake Tahoe: pink mountains, bright yellow fall foliage. What a great backdrop. It was a little too cold to sit on the deck at the beautiful place (although several tables of hearty diners seemed cozy under the deck heaters), so they accommodated us with a table by the window. We're passing through Tahoe, and will only be here two nights. Picked Christy Hill based on glowing review in Sunset Magazine. Delicious, attentive, romantic, perfect. A little pricy. We shared an appetizer of Manila Clams with sausage, and garlic. Heaven. A REAL Cesar Salad with white anchovies was fabulous. My entree was a pork chop on polenta that blew me away! Waiter was helpful and funny and had real opinions and recommendations. As I said, we're only here two days, and I think we'll go back again tomorrow night. If you're in north Tahoe, go to Christy Hill. You won't regret it.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Ok, the view there really is great. Sitting there at the lake on a summer evening with the glittering water in front of you is just beautiful. So we felt at ease immediately after arriving. Service was ok. But the food unfortunately did not live up to expectations. We had hummus, olives and pita bread for starters, which were good but nothing special. The salad and the pasta we had as main courses were disappointing. The salad was really boring with somehow cheap ingredients. The pasta was overcooked and flavorless. If I came back than probably only for having a drink and enjoying the view. For dinner I would go somewhere else.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My sister and I had dinner on the deck on the lake front. It was cool and they had both heat lamps and offered blankets. We had excellent service, he was attentive and just the right amount of conversational (not too much, not too little). He even recommended some things to do in town given our limited amount of time during our stay. My sister is vegetarian and they were very accommodating - their menu had enough to cover her or else they would have made something.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We dined here on our last evening at Lake Tahoe. We sat on the balcony overlooking the lake. The setting was stunning and the food was delightful. I got a bit chilly as the sun went down and a lovely waiter provided me with a warm fleece blanket. There are also patio heaters so plenty to keep you warm on the chillier nights. I would absolutely recommend this restaurant and if we return to Lake Tahoe we will definitely go again.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Beautiful view of Lake Tahoe, nice heat lamps and they give you blankets as well. Food was very good. Our waiter had other interests (like the table with 2 women only) so the service was horrible from him.