“Quick service and lots of choices”
Review of The Blue Agave

The Blue Agave
Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in Tahoe City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Visited this place on a cold winters evening. This inside is cosy and has a good view of lake.

There was lots of options on the menu) Including the small plate range (instead of two tacos you get one , etc) which was good for us because we are small eaters.

There was an option for grande plates were you got double the portion, but not double the price.

I thought this was a good place for a casual dinner with family or friends.

Steve T, Owner at The Blue Agave, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Hi Aussie Girl.
Thank you for your thoughtful review of our restaurant. I'm glad we had the menu options to meet your hunger needs. We love having a friendly and affordable Tahoe restaurant that can handle large parties, as well small family gatherings. I'm also happy you enjoyed the historic building that we occupy and the view of our beautiful surroundings. Hopefully, they are as beautiful as Australia and that you felt welcome in the USA on your trip from Perth.

Thanks again

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great location, fun to sit outside in the summer watching the lake and folks walk by. Active bar scene at night, good drinks. The food is large quantity but Americanized (less spice/flavor) for a touristy crowd, and it comes at Tahoe prices. They have all the expected basics, well executed but not anything really interesting.

1  Thank Michael H
Steve T, Owner at The Blue Agave, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry that you feel we did not live up to our reputation regarding our food on your last visit. We use all natural ingredients and have been perfecting our recipes and flavors for generations.

On the flip side, we are glad that you appreciate our bar, outside seating, and close proximity to the lake.

We hope you will give us another try on your next visit to TC and look forward to serving you if you do.

Have a nice day,

Steve

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Awesome views of beautiful Lake Tahoe and white tipped mountains, warm tortilla chips to greet you, sizzling good fajitas, and a California burrito stuffed with french fries and carne asada!

Top this off with an amazing tequila selection and a comfortable welcoming environment. Highly encourage you to try this one!

Let me know if you find this helpful!

1  Thank J-J W
Steve T, Owner at The Blue Agave, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Hi J J.

Thanks for the great review of my restaurant. We're glad you enjoyed your visit to Blue Agave
and the fajitas and California Burrito. I also love the steak and fries together in a burrito. It's my favorite.

I'm also glad you like the friendly atmosphere at B. A. The staff really gets along, and loves what they do. Making people happy is our business and I'm glad you noticed.

Hopefully we'll get some more snow soon. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband, son, daughter-in-law and I had our evening meal at this restaurant when we were visiting in Lake Tahoe last week. The atmosphere and ambiance, which are always important to me, were right on the money. it was very cozy and eclectically decorated. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food. The chicken inside my delicious burrito was perfectly seasoned, moist, and tender. Since my husband wasn't very hungry, the small plates offered on the menu were ideal. The only disappointment was our d rinks! My margarita was downright sour and my DIL didn't even finish her peach margarita.

Steve T, Owner at The Blue Agave, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Hi Barbara.
Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review of Blue Agave. The staff works hard to make people happy and enjoy their time at my restaurant. They read all reviews and try to improve service and product. Since all our margaritas are hand made, and not from a machine, consistency may vary. Next time if the taste of your marg is too sweet or sour, or not enough tequila, let your server know. We can fix it or replace it ASAP. Also if your DIL didn't like her fruit marg, for whatever reason, let us know. We would have gotten her something she liked or have taken it off the bill.

In any event, thanks for coming to BA and "Roll Tide". Sorry about the Iron Bowl.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Blue Agave has the best Mexican food at Lake Tahoe and the best Mexican Chef . His name is Juan and he's been the chef there for about 20 years. His menu is great and so is the food. the atmosphere is very comforting.This restaurant is a busy place and you can eat outside on the patio in the summer time..
If you would like a real true Mexican meal go there and enjoy the food and the service. The staff are very friendly. Plus you can get great a real nice view of the lake.

Steve T, Owner at The Blue Agave, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Hello Eunice,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! I shared your kind words with our chef and he says thank you :)

We always appreciate having our neighbors from Reno pay us a visit, so thanks for making the drive up to the lake to see us!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Kind regards,